Old 03-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Claude

Default For Ray, plant food question?

Hello Ray!

Regarding plant food for orchids, which one is better:

I have : orchid plant food : 19-31-17
Bloom booster : 10-60-10

or Schultz all purpose: 10-15-10
Schultz bloom 5-30-5

or the schultz for african violet : 8-14-9

All schultz products are used 7 drops in 1 liter of water every time you
water.

I`ve been using the two firts one for a while and my phals are rooting like
crazy! This is why I`m thinking switching fertilizer!
What do you think?

Claude

Old 03-01-2004, 04:12 PM
J Fortuna

Claude,
Am I missing something here? I thought root growth is generally good in
Phals. Although, on the other hand I have heard that Phals will also grow
more roots if they are not getting enough water or enough fertilizer, when
they are trying to reach it. But on the other hand, won't a Phal that is
well fertilized and generally well kept, grow its root system as well? Ok,
maybe I am confused. I hope that when Ray or one of the other experts here
answers your question, maybe they can address the issue of Phal rooting like
crazy: good, bad, or could be either?
Joanna

. ..

Old 03-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Ray

Claude, they are all OK to use.... I would probably stick to the Schultz
all purpose if it has enough trace elements.

However, they should not be used at the same concentration. I would
recommend about 100-150 ppm N as the concentration, which translates to:

19-31-17 about 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, or 10 drops per liter
10-60-10 or 10-15-10, about 1 teaspoon per gallon, or 20 drops per liter
8-14-9 about 1.25 teaspoon per gallon, or 25 drops per liter
5-30-5 about 2 teaspoons per gallon, or 40 drops per liter

.. . . . . . . . . . .
. ..

Old 03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Claude

Thanks Ray!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Claude

Thanks Ray!

"Ray" wrote in message
| Claude, they are all OK to use.... I would probably stick to the Schultz
| all purpose if it has enough trace elements.
|
| However, they should not be used at the same concentration. I would
| recommend about 100-150 ppm N as the concentration, which translates to:
|
| 19-31-17 about 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, or 10 drops per liter
| 10-60-10 or 10-15-10, about 1 teaspoon per gallon, or 20 drops per liter
| 8-14-9 about 1.25 teaspoon per gallon, or 25 drops per liter
| 5-30-5 about 2 teaspoons per gallon, or 40 drops per liter
|
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
|
| . . . . . . . . . . .
| "Claude" wrote in message
| . ..
| Hello Ray!
|

| Regarding plant food for orchids, which one is better:
|
| I have : orchid plant food : 19-31-17
| Bloom booster : 10-60-10
|
| or Schultz all purpose: 10-15-10
| Schultz bloom 5-30-5
|
| or the schultz for african violet : 8-14-9
|
| All schultz products are used 7 drops in 1 liter of water every time
you
| water.
|
| I`ve been using the two firts one for a while and my phals are rooting
| like
| crazy! This is why I`m thinking switching fertilizer!
| What do you think?
|
| Claude

Question for Al or Ray ! PhalGuy Orchids 7 08-05-2004 12:13 AM
Fertiliser question: Esp. for Ray Just Nice Orchids 4 14-02-2004 06:02 PM
Fertiliser question: Esp. for Ray Just Nice Orchids 0 13-02-2004 11:20 AM
Question for Ray! Claude Orchids 2 24-03-2003 02:56 AM
Question for Ray! Claude Orchids 4 09-02-2003 06:16 PM