Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default crossword?

Stuck on this - feel I should know but haven't a clue.

"Climbing plant or tree of tropical and warm regions named after two
french herbilists"

8 letters Blank A blank H blank N blank blank , not criptic.

I have done the rest but I can not find it
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

T...

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantab/bauhinnatal.htm

Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message
news

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Stuck on this - feel I should know but haven't a clue.

"Climbing plant or tree of tropical and warm regions named after two
french herbilists"

8 letters Blank A blank H blank N blank blank , not criptic.

I have done the rest but I can not find it
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantab/bauhinnatal.htm

Well it certainly fits but I discounted it because the botanists it was
named for were swiss!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ..
Stuck on this - feel I should know but haven't a clue.

"Climbing plant or tree of tropical and warm regions named after two
french herbilists"

8 letters Blank A blank H blank N blank blank , not criptic.

I have done the rest but I can not find it

I know they were not strictly French but....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhin

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ..
Stuck on this - feel I should know but haven't a clue.

"Climbing plant or tree of tropical and warm regions named after two
french herbilists"

8 letters Blank A blank H blank N blank blank , not criptic.

I have done the rest but I can not find it

I know they were not strictly French but....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhin

Looks like Bauhinia to me.

Steve

OT crossword problem! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 29-01-2006 06:58 PM
Help with Crossword Janet Bennett United Kingdom 15 12-03-2005 11:40 PM
Crossword HELP!!!!! linz Gardening 4 19-02-2005 11:46 PM
BEECHES crossword puzzle JK Gardening 2 06-03-2003 01:51 PM
Help with crossword clue John Sullivan United Kingdom 4 06-02-2003 07:57 AM