Old 12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Janet Bennett

Default Help with Crossword

Medicinal Shrub - 4 letters - ??O?

Thanks

--
Jan

Old 12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Mike

ALOE ?

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery
"Janet Bennett" wrote in message
Medicinal Shrub - 4 letters - ??O?

Thanks

--
Jan

Old 12-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Janet Bennett

Thanks Mike, I'll look this up, but have since googled and a possibility is
SLOE

Will check your answer out though
"Mike" wrote in message
ALOE ?

Old 12-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Mike

Aloe is listed in the Dictionary as Medicinal, but Sloe does not have such a
listing, only that it can be made into Sloe Wine. Now that "Could" be termed
as Medicinal :-)) Prefer Whiskey, Brandy and Rum personally :-))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery
"Janet Bennett" wrote in message
Thanks Mike, I'll look this up, but have since googled and a possibility

is
SLOE

Will check your answer out though
"Mike" wrote in message
ALOE ?

Old 12-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Janet Bennett

Thanks Mike, I'll go with your answer, but need one further answer to
complete my crossword. Any good at crosswords Mike? If so, this will be
you thinking
Question : Spoke whiningly -a-t-d (6 letters)

Tried Jumble, but can't find suitable word

Thanks Janet

"Mike" wrote in message
Aloe is listed in the Dictionary as Medicinal, but Sloe does not have such
listing, only that it can be made into Sloe Wine. Now that "Could" be
termed
as Medicinal :-)) Prefer Whiskey, Brandy and Rum personally :-))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery
"Janet Bennett" wrote in message
Thanks Mike, I'll look this up, but have since googled and a possibility

is
SLOE

Will check your answer out though
"Mike" wrote in message
ALOE ?

Old 12-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
Cant 'Beggars whining' Canted

Any good?

Old 12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Janet Bennett

1.. Monotonous talk filled with platitudes.
2.. Hypocritically pious language.
3.. The special vocabulary peculiar to the members of an underworld group;
argot.
4.. Cant See Shelta.
5.. Whining speech, such as that used by beggars.
6.. The special terminology understood among the members of a profession,
discipline, or class but obscure to the general population; jargon. See
Synonyms at dialect.

intr.v. cant·ed, cant·ing, cants
1.. To speak tediously or sententiously; moralize.
2.. To speak in argot or jargon.
3.. To speak in a whining, pleading tone.
Thanks Mike, you've done your good deed for the day

Janet

Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Mike

:-))

Thank you :-))

That's two bits of good news in five minutes.

Air Commodore Sims Commanding Officer of RAF Cosford and Mrs Sims, have
accepted the National Service (RAF) Association's invitation to attend and
review the Parade at RAF Cosford on National Service Sunday on June 26th. We
were to have the Lancaster Bomber for a fly past, but it is grounded for
essential maintenance for the VE Day celebrations, but we have a Spitfire
instead. (I prefer the Spitfire, we had half a dozen at Sandown last year
and they are something :-))

So there you are, any ex National Service Royal Air Force Gardeners out
there? (I do happen to know that Gardeners do come in all shapes and sizes
and backgrounds.) ;-) ;-) Come to Cosford for the weekend, accommodation in
a very good hotel has been arranged and coach travel has been organised.

Que net nannies now

--
[...]

:-(( Must admit, it was not me, but her with the paint brush. Joan knew it

:-))

Janet

Old 12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
David Rance

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Mike wrote:

Air Commodore Sims Commanding Officer of RAF Cosford and Mrs Sims, have
accepted the National Service (RAF) Association's invitation to attend and
review the Parade at RAF Cosford on National Service Sunday on June 26th.

So there you are, any ex National Service Royal Air Force Gardeners out
there? (I do happen to know that Gardeners do come in all shapes and sizes
and backgrounds.) ;-) ;-)

No, but here's a gardener whose daughter was the chaplain at RAF Cosford
a couple of years back. Come to think of it, she's quite interested in
gardening, too.

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Mike

No, but here's a gardener whose daughter was the chaplain at RAF Cosford
a couple of years back. Come to think of it, she's quite interested in
gardening, too.

Like a big building site at the moment I hear :-((
New museum building going up. All our car parking gone :-((
I have two (at the moment, might be three) coaches going in, ? to where they
will park!!!! :-((

We had over 400 on parade last year, our first. Expecting up to 550 ex
National Servicemen, plus their families

Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 PM
shazzbat

"Mike" wrote in message
:-))

Thank you :-))

That's two bits of good news in five minutes.

Air Commodore Sims Commanding Officer of RAF Cosford and Mrs Sims, have
accepted the National Service (RAF) Association's invitation to attend and
review the Parade at RAF Cosford on National Service Sunday on June 26th.

We
were to have the Lancaster Bomber for a fly past, but it is grounded for
essential maintenance for the VE Day celebrations, but we have a Spitfire
instead. (I prefer the Spitfire, we had half a dozen at Sandown last year
and they are something :-))

So there you are, any ex National Service Royal Air Force Gardeners out
there? (I do happen to know that Gardeners do come in all shapes and sizes
and backgrounds.) ;-) ;-)

This one comes REME shaped :-))
Steve

Old 12-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Mike

This one comes REME shaped :-))
Steve

REME National Service shape?

Old 12-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message
Aloe is listed in the Dictionary as Medicinal, but Sloe does not

have such a
listing, only that it can be made into Sloe Wine. Now that "Could"

be termed
as Medicinal :-)) Prefer Whiskey, Brandy and Rum personally :-))

You could drink 3 times as much whisky if you dropped the other
2.{:-))

Franz

Old 12-03-2005, 10:21 PM
shazzbat

"Mike" wrote in message

This one comes REME shaped :-))
Steve

REME National Service shape?

No, the later model. RAOC from 1968, then transferred to REME. Civvy street
from 1980.

Steve

crossword? Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 4 09-12-2007 04:50 PM
OT crossword problem! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 29-01-2006 06:58 PM
Crossword HELP!!!!! linz Gardening 4 19-02-2005 11:46 PM
BEECHES crossword puzzle JK Gardening 2 06-03-2003 01:51 PM
Help with crossword clue John Sullivan United Kingdom 4 06-02-2003 07:57 AM