Old 20-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Charlie

Default Chinese Lantern

Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this plant? It looks so pretty, I've just
bought some to put in, but the instructions are scarce. Specifically I'd
like to know about how you dry it in the autumn.

Charlie.

--
www.lowfidelity.org.uk
RCTQ Double Princess of Britain

---

Old 20-04-2003, 09:08 AM
The Devil's Advocate

If it's the one I'm thinking of you must be careful or it will take over
your garden. That's what happened at one of my aunt's. Better let the others
confirm or deny it's the same plant, I am not certain

"Charlie" wrote in message
: Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this plant? It looks so pretty, I've
just
: bought some to put in, but the instructions are scarce. Specifically I'd
: like to know about how you dry it in the autumn.
:
: Charlie.
:
: --
: www.lowfidelity.org.uk
: RCTQ Double Princess of Britain
: http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ma_shihui
: **** **** **** ****
:
:
:
: ---
:
:

Old 20-04-2003, 10:44 AM
don

"Charlie" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this plant? It looks so pretty, I've

just
bought some to put in, but the instructions are scarce. Specifically I'd
like to know about how you dry it in the autumn.

Charlie.

--
www.lowfidelity.org.uk
RCTQ Double Princess of Britain
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ma_shihui
**** **** **** ****

---

Have a look here--I spend years eradicating this plant as it spreads by
underground runners a bit like mint
http://www.botany.com/physalis.html

Old 20-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Registered User

Location: West Yorkshire. UK

I had a Chinese Lantern for a few years and it never spread or grew very high unfortunatly all it really did was sit there and then it it died one winter. But having read the link Don supplied I now know why. It was in heavy soil and in the shade.

Stephen
Old 20-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Charlie

Ah I see, so I should put it in a pot then! I really want it in the garden,
as it would be wonderful for dried flower arrangements. It looks like it
comes in bulb form, although I haven't had a good look yet.

Charlie.

"don" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this plant? It looks so pretty, I've

just
bought some to put in, but the instructions are scarce. Specifically

I'd
like to know about how you dry it in the autumn.

Charlie.

--
www.lowfidelity.org.uk
RCTQ Double Princess of Britain
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ma_shihui
**** **** **** ****

---

Have a look here--I spend years eradicating this plant as it spreads by
underground runners a bit like mint
http://www.botany.com/physalis.html

---

Chinese Lantern Flower-0720-(Abutilon) Maroochy[_3_] Garden Photos 4 29-06-2010 12:32 AM
chinese lantern, when to prune Jen Australia 3 08-09-2007 02:03 PM
Pruning chinese lantern Jen Gardening 0 08-09-2007 11:57 AM
Buddha's Lantern hermine stover Gardening 13 06-11-2003 06:42 PM
"Buddah's Lantern" question PATRICIA RIDDER Gardening 1 02-11-2003 02:42 AM