Old 02-11-2003, 01:32 AM
PATRICIA RIDDER

Default "Buddah's Lantern" question

Hi, all. Whilst in Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL, I came across a tree
to which the horticulturist on duty ascribed the name "Buddha's Lantern".
He also gave it some technical term which I do not remember. Does anyone
have a familiarity with this plant, and if so, do you know where I can
obtain information on ordering one, or getting one in the Central Florida
area? Any help would be much appreciated, as this was a truly gorgeous
plant. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Pam - gardengal

"PATRICIA RIDDER" wrote in message
k.net...
Hi, all. Whilst in Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL, I came across a

tree
to which the horticulturist on duty ascribed the name "Buddha's Lantern".
He also gave it some technical term which I do not remember. Does anyone
have a familiarity with this plant, and if so, do you know where I can
obtain information on ordering one, or getting one in the Central Florida
area? Any help would be much appreciated, as this was a truly gorgeous
plant. Thanks.

There is a tree native to South America that is commonly called a 'lantern'
tree, Crinodendron hookerianum. Have never heard it refered to as "Buddha's
Lantern', but who knows??
Check he http://freespace.virgin.net/john.richmond/Crinod.jpg

pam - gardengal

[IMG] code is On

Gevillea "Magic Lantern" -5789 (G.crithmifolia x G. thelemiana) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 3 17-06-2012 07:36 AM
Gevillea "Magic Lantern" -5788 (G.crithmifolia x G. thelemiana) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 12-06-2012 05:27 AM
Buddah's belly stem Bryan Siy Bamboo 0 16-01-2008 08:14 AM
I found it! (was:buddah's lantern) whoamI Gardening 6 09-11-2003 03:22 PM
Chinese Lantern Charlie United Kingdom 4 20-04-2003 12:44 PM