Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hardy chrysanthemum

I was looking at this

http://www.hpshertsgroup.org.uk/shows.htm

At the bottom right of the page is a photo of a chrysanth marked
"un-named", which is what I have fond memories of growing in our garden
in the early 1950s. I have e-mailed the lady in charge of the national
collection, but wondered if anyone here might know where to get
something similar. I'm not even sure what type it is.
Any pointers much appreciated
Old 09-01-2008, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stuart Noble
writes
I was looking at this

http://www.hpshertsgroup.org.uk/shows.htm

At the bottom right of the page is a photo of a chrysanth marked
"un-named", which is what I have fond memories of growing in our garden
in the early 1950s. I have e-mailed the lady in charge of the national
collection, but wondered if anyone here might know where to get
something similar. I'm not even sure what type it is.
Any pointers much appreciated

Judy Barker is a really helpful lady Stuart. I have met her at some of
the HPS meetings. I have one that colour , quite a small plant, only
about a foot high, definitely not succumbed to frost but a bit battered
at the moment. If you want a cutting I can root one for you just in case
it's the same one. Difficult to tell from the photo how large the flower
is.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 09-01-2008, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:
[...]

That's a kind offer, thanks. I might take you up on it if I can't track
something down through a nursery. It's the colour I can't seem to find,
at least not without the button in the middle, and a foot high is how I
remember them from childhood.
I guess cuttings would be done in the spring? Maybe you could put a
clump on EBay and I'd be your first customer :-)
Old 09-01-2008, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stuart Noble
writes

That's a kind offer, thanks. I might take you up on it if I can't track
something down through a nursery. It's the colour I can't seem to find,
at least not without the button in the middle, and a foot high is how I
remember them from childhood.
I guess cuttings would be done in the spring? Maybe you could put a
clump on EBay and I'd be your first customer :-)

I'll try and remind myself in a couple of months or so!