Old 26-01-2008, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default what type of worm would be good for contaiers and where can i get them

I have a few containers in on my balconly 5 floors up an wonderd if there
are any worms that would thrive in containers

If there are, where could I get them?

regards

roga

Old 26-01-2008, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

roga wrote:
I have a few containers in on my balconly 5 floors up an wonderd if there
are any worms that would thrive in containers

If there are, where could I get them?

regards

roga

Try wiggly wigglers,Roga.Some years ago No 2 son was short of ideas
for a Christmas gift for me,so he sent me a pack of worms for my
compost bin.They came from wiggly wigglers and they are still active.
I see loads of them when I turn the compost,which of course is organic.

www.wigglywigglers.co.uk

I think you will find they have worms for almost every occasion.

Sam.
Old 27-01-2008, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

g'day roga,

by containers do you mean pots with plants in them?

if so i would advise against having worms in potted plants, while they
may be some benefit they will disrupt the mix and their galleries will
not allow for any watering you do to soak into teh potting medium it
will run straight through.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev