Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato pots

"mogga" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:58:07 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:

wrote in message
On 1 Mar, 07:02, "George.com" wrote:

just dug over a tyre stack. 6 tyres high, 4 potatos. Disaster.

rob- Hide quoted text -

"Disaster"?

worse yet, dug over the 4th & last tyre stack. 5 tryes high, 2 small
potatos
smaller than your thumb nail. 2!!!!

I could have simply eaten the seed spuds I used in each tyre stack & had
better results than using tyres.

I conclude growing spuds in tyres is a waste of time. From now on, in the
ground.

Good job I don't have to live on what I grow. Hope my crop of sweet
potatos
is better.

rob

So what causes the problems? Is it watering?

haven't a clue. Can't really be bothered with the idea anymore either. I
have gotten good results using earth whereas those I know who ahve used
tyres, me included, nothing but disaster.

rob