Old 05-03-2008, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT sick of silly e-mails?

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to send
them on the 5 people or whatever.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden says...
http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to send
them on the 5 people or whatever.

That was funny. I think you should forward the link on to
another 5 people :-)
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:40:12 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote
(in article ):

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to send
them on the 5 people or whatever.

Wonderful! I can think of several people to send that link tog

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/3/08 20:40, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to send
them on the 5 people or whatever.

Love it! That one is on its way to several people who persist in doing this
to me. ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" posted

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to
send
them on the 5 people or whatever.

Love it! That one is on its way to several people who persist in doing
this
to me. ;-))

This was sent on to me buy someone who used to constantly send me messages
about amazing viruses (that were hoaxes) and hoax messages that had to be
sent on to 10 people so I would see an amazing video etc etc. I subscribed
her to Hoaxslayer http://www.hoax-slayer.com:80/issue-80.shtml and it's all
stopped.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/3/08 23:02, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" posted

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to
send
them on the 5 people or whatever.

Love it! That one is on its way to several people who persist in doing
this
to me. ;-))

This was sent on to me buy someone who used to constantly send me messages
about amazing viruses (that were hoaxes) and hoax messages that had to be
sent on to 10 people so I would see an amazing video etc etc. I subscribed
her to Hoaxslayer http://www.hoax-slayer.com:80/issue-80.shtml and it's all
stopped.

I used to get this sort of treatment from an English friend who moved to USA
30 years ago, or more. One that she sent me was very 'happy clappy slushy
icky' and I wrote back telling her that if I sent his out to my (mostly)
English friends, they'd have me certified. She did apologise saying she'd
rather forgotten it wasn't in my nature to appreciate such things!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-...p-soapbox4.swf

I know some of you are like me, sick of receiving e-mails telling me to
send them on the 5 people or whatever.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

It's been going the rounds for years!

Mary

Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
What do you do with people, who insist in copying every begging Nigerian

letter
they receive to yahoogroups?
--

Martin

Perhaps you refer them to these people...
http://www.419eater.com/

They turn the tables on the scammers. Some of the results are extremely
funny. The scambaiters have a whole new vocabulary... for example "send him
on an expidition" means to get the scammer to go on a wild goose chase -
perhaps to collect money "sent" to the wrong branch.

What's worrying is how ordinary some of the scammers look...well, at least
they do if you ignore the fish on top of their head...

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room2.htm