Old 15-03-2008, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato Damping Off

I have previously lost tomato seedlings when starting off in green
house - so this year I tried in the house.

Washed my plug tray in disinfectant; used brand new seedling compost
(thanks for advice in other thread); planted Sungold F1 seeds; watered
in using Cheshunt Compound. Put on kitchen window sill.

One - possibly two of the seedlings appear to have damping off - I
have removed and thrown away.

OK - its only two out of 24 - but still annoying - what more can I do?
Old 15-03-2008, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 15, 3:11 pm, judith wrote:
I have previously lost tomato seedlings when starting off in green
house - so this year I tried in the house.

Washed my plug tray in disinfectant; used brand new seedling compost
(thanks for advice in other thread); planted Sungold F1 seeds; watered
in using Cheshunt Compound. Put on kitchen window sill.

One - possibly two of the seedlings appear to have damping off - I
have removed and thrown away.

OK - its only two out of 24 - but still annoying - what more can I do?

We are having the same problem Judith, we have just resown and just in
case, I have bought a few tomato plants.

Judith

damping off debacle!! 0tterbot Australia 6 22-11-2007 10:01 PM
Sungold Tomatos - Damping Off? scrambled egg United Kingdom 0 20-04-2006 07:14 PM
damping off miklol United Kingdom 2 22-05-2003 10:56 PM
Germination medium to prevent damping off Neil Jones United Kingdom 13 27-02-2003 10:29 AM