Old 24-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Brian Watson

Default Solar lighting

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Aileen Howard" wrote in message
Hello again

I'm thinking of buying some solar powered garden lights. Argos has a

set
of
three for around £30 and I am wondering if anyone knows if they work OK.

Mine came from Homebase and I have yet to see them light up in the

evening,
despite some remarkably sunny days!

Following an "out of newsgroup" tip-off from a reader here, I now have a
very satisfactory glow from both units until at least (I happened to
discover, last night) 4am.

The tip? Switch them on... There is a not-terribly-obvious switch under the
lid and inside the clear piece.

:-/

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."

Old 27-04-2003, 04:08 PM
William Tasso

Natalie wrote:

[about solar powered night lights]

Frankly, why not spend your money on a chocolate teapot? Equally
useful, and rather tastier.

Where do you get a chocolate teapot from Nick???

From the same company that sells chocolate fire-guards of course.

--
William Tasso

Old 19-05-2003, 12:56 AM
David A. King

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Mine came from Homebase and I have yet to see them light up in the

evening,
despite some remarkably sunny days!

--
Brian

I suspect you may not have switched them on? You have to take off the top by
unscrewing it about 90 degrees; on the underside of the top section you will
see the switch.
Mine are working really well. If you want your garden lit up for parties
etc. you need professionally installed lighting, but if like me, you just
want to mark the path or the edges of a border, they are just fine. Mine are
from Homebase and they are still going strong after two years. Incidentally,
I just saw an advert for Aldi - they have four for £33. Best buy I've seen
was at a garden fair - £20 for four!

Old 19-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Brian Watson

"David A. King" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Mine came from Homebase and I have yet to see them light up in the

evening,
despite some remarkably sunny days!

--
Brian

I suspect you may not have switched them on? You have to take off the top

by
unscrewing it about 90 degrees; on the underside of the top section you

will
see the switch.

I did admit to crass stupidity when you first told me this a couple of weeks
ago, David.

:-)

--
Brian
"There is no point knocking yerself out, working all sorts of silly hours