Old 26-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered User

Default Bush I.D

I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could anyone help?

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rout/bush1.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/100_1020.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rout/bush3.jpg
Old 26-03-2008, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush1.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1020.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush3.jpg]

--
HulaHoop

Some ilk of an oleander?
I wish mine looked half as healthy, if I'm right!!

Cat(h)
Old 26-03-2008, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/3/08 12:06, in article , "HulaHoop"
wrote:

I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a
mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could
anyone help?

[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush1.jpg]
[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1020.jpg]
[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush3.jpg]

Possibly a Hebe - maybe H. salicifolia.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could anyone help?

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rout/bush1.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/100_1020.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rout/bush3.jpg
I think it's a hebe. There's an awful lot of species/varieties, and I don't "do" hebes myself, so not much more help than that.
Old 26-03-2008, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

"Cat(h)" writes
On Mar 26, 12:06*pm, HulaHoop
wrote:
I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a
mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could
anyone help?

[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush1.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1020.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush3.jpg]

--
HulaHoop

Some ilk of an oleander?
I wish mine looked half as healthy, if I'm right!!

Hebe? - I think you can see the dead flower spikes.
--
Kay

Old 26-03-2008, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a
mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could
anyone help?

[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush1.jpg]
[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1020.jpg]
[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush3.jpg]

Its a Hebe, not sure which one.

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 26-03-2008, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 26, 3:55*pm, "Cat(h)" wrote:
On Mar 26, 12:06*pm, HulaHoop
wrote:

I hope these pictures show up and someone could help me identifying a
mystery bush in my garden.
Recently moved into a new house and have no idea what this is could
anyone help?

[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush1.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1020.jpg]
[image:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...out/bush3.jpg]

--
HulaHoop

Some ilk of an oleander?
I wish mine looked half as healthy, if I'm right!!

Cat(h)

Was in Naas (rhymes with mace for you foreigners) on Monday (buying
lunch in M+S) and on to Pollardstown Fen to see if it is still there.
It was still there. We stopped at the monster garden centre
(Johnstown?) on way back. It is a horrible place in many ways (piped
"music" in the half/outdoors area) but it does have a huge range of
stuff. Bought seeds and onion sets.

Des
Old 26-03-2008, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Definitely Hebe and if it isn't salicifolia, it is almost certainly a
hybrid with that species in its recent background. The trouble is
that many Hebes are highly promiscuous and interbreed freely,
resulting in a mess of hybrids that are a devil to nail a definitive
ID. They also seed quite freely and volunteer plants are not uncommon
so un-named hybrids occur with regularity. A picture of the plant in
flower might help, but there's a few months to go before it
performs.
Old 26-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered User

Thanks for your replies.
Its narrowed it down a lot for me.....Ill see if I can find out what kind of hebe it is. Seems very nice anyway so I won't be moving it