Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Default Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea ShepherdCrew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice

On Mar 29, 12:58 pm, Old Codger
wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Mar 28, 3:45 pm, Old Codger
wrote:
http://www.seashepherd.org/


Sea Shepherd Announces:
SealDefense Campaign 2008!
Sea Shepherd Crew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice

Once again, the Sea Shepherd organization starts it annual fund
raising campaign by spreading lies about thesealhunt...using the
pictures of snow white cuddly seals to enrage a public....despite the
fact that those seals ARE NOT HUNTED.


Actually the pictures are harp seals and they are slaughtered by being
battered to death.


Pictures taken 30 years ago. BTW, clubbing the seal is a "humane" way
to kill it. The skull is so thin, it doesn't take much to kill the
animal. Not that it happens much anymore. More than 90% are
shot....just like the average hunter who goes out for a deer. Too bad
the forest isn't white...you could get really good shots of evil
Wisconsin hunters butchering Bambi.

Or how about the poor chicken...hung upsidedown on a conveyor belt,
get their throats cut and move along as they bleed to death. How come
we don't see Paul Watson outside a slaughterhouse protesting that?
Why? Cause chickens are not CUTE....and no one is going to fill their
pockets with money to save a bloody roast chicken. Oh...a chicken
that's much younger than the seals that are hunted.


Whitecoats have not been hunted for more than twenty years.


That was only stopped due to international protest.



International protest based on lies. Protest based on the simple
assumption that seals are "cute." Stick the pic of a cute whitecoat
on a poster and voila...money rolls in...the protest was a cash cow
for them. Funny that they still use the whitecoat on their
posters...despite the fact that they're no longer hunted.

That's the only reason that the whitecoats are no longer hunted. The
fact that the hunt continues PROVES that it isn't only about the
pelts. The animals are taken for their meat and oil as well.


So, why do they still


Expose cruel, senseless slaughter of wildlife?


THEN WHY ARE THEY NOT IN THE WOODS PROTESTING THE SENSELESS SLAUGHTER
OF DEER AND MOOSE AND WILD BOAR AND POLAR BEARS???????????????

Yes...polar bears...animals on the verge of being endangered....are
still being slaughtered by AMERICAN hunters for their PELTS.

Sound familiar??????????

Except the endangered part. The seal population is huge...almost 6
million animals. But unlike deer and moose, the seals are CUTE.


Because it's the right
thing to do even though a few weirdo's like yourself may get their
kicks from cruelty.


Ah...it never fails...resorting to insults is a sure sign of a losing
argument.

Don't like meat. Don't eat it. It's that simple. But don't presume to
tell anyone else how to live their lives.

  #2   Report Post  
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Default Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea Shepherd Crew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 18:52:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 29, 12:58 pm, Old Codger
wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Mar 28, 3:45 pm, Old Codger
wrote:
http://www.seashepherd.org/

Sea Shepherd Announces:
SealDefense Campaign 2008!
Sea Shepherd Crew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice
Once again, the Sea Shepherd organization starts it annual fund
raising campaign by spreading lies about thesealhunt...using the
pictures of snow white cuddly seals to enrage a public....despite the
fact that those seals ARE NOT HUNTED.


Actually the pictures are harp seals and they are slaughtered by being
battered to death.


Pictures taken 30 years ago.


Irrelevant.

BTW, clubbing the seal is a "humane" way
to kill it.


No more *humane* than clubbing a human to death.

Or how about the poor chicken


Your fake concern does wonders for your argument! But I guess as a
garden gnome angler you don't have much else!

Whitecoats have not been hunted for more than twenty years.


That was only stopped due to international protest.



International protest


That's already been said.

That's the only reason that the whitecoats are no longer hunted.


Yes, International protest.

So, why do they still


Expose cruel, senseless slaughter of wildlife?


THEN WHY ARE THEY NOT IN THE WOODS PROTESTING THE SENSELESS SLAUGHTER
OF DEER AND MOOSE AND WILD BOAR AND POLAR BEARS???????????????


We are.

Yes...polar bears...animals on the verge of being endangered....are
still being slaughtered by AMERICAN hunters for their PELTS.

Sound familiar??????????


Oh yes.

Except the endangered part. The seal population is huge...almost 6
million animals. But unlike deer and moose, the seals are CUTE.


All animals are cute. What does that have to do with your pathetic
argument of defending harming them to get your kicks, and only then
because they cant fight back?

Because it's the right
thing to do even though a few weirdo's like yourself may get their
kicks from cruelty.


Ah...it never fails...resorting to insults is a sure sign of a losing
argument.

Don't like meat. Don't eat it.


What's that got to do with it? So if you eat meat it's ok to abuse
animals is it?

It's that simple. But don't presume to
tell anyone else how to live their lives.


In a modern civilized world any weirdo who gets their kicks harming
people or animals can expect to be called on it. You'll get over it.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
qPCR NEWS 11-2008 - Event Calendar Winter 2008 Editor www.Gene-Quantification.info Plant Science 0 28-11-2008 09:19 AM
Sea Shepherd News Japan Acknowledges Sea Shepherd’s Defense of the Whales Holly United Kingdom 1 17-04-2008 05:30 PM
Great Stuff to Seal Leaks OR SILICONE seal Heather Ponds 1 21-06-2004 09:09 PM
OT sea to shining sea KenCo Ponds 0 21-11-2003 04:13 AM
Tectonic shift in New Jersey [email protected] Gardening 1 09-06-2003 12:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017