Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default auricula from seed anyone please ?

Hi

I recently got some Auricula seed, reading on the net there seems to
be some very differing views on getting them to germinate. I have read
suggestions of cold stratification, 15 degrees in the dark etc etc.
Here seems a good place to ask if anyone has had succes and how ?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Old 12-05-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello Steve

In article ,
stevej wrote:
Hi

I recently got some Auricula seed, reading on the net there seems to
be some very differing views on getting them to germinate. I have read
suggestions of cold stratification, 15 degrees in the dark etc etc.
Here seems a good place to ask if anyone has had succes and how ?

I sowed the seed, placed the pot in a plastic bag, and then placed in the
domestic fridge for 3 weeks. I now have a pot full of seedlings.

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England

Auricula ron1953 Garden Photos 1 26-06-2015 04:29 PM
Can anyone please tell me the name of this plant please pindetti Garden Photos 1 11-07-2012 02:28 AM
Can anyone offer me any cardiocrinum giganteum bulblets,please,please? keith ;-\) United Kingdom 3 14-09-2005 12:07 AM