Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered User

Talking Food for Thought!

Hi I am very new to this whole forum thing so please make me aware if I breach any protocols that I am not aware of!

I am a uni student trying to gather data for my disseration so hoping you may take the time to answer my below survey. What I am attempting to establish is what drives people to grow their own food and for those who do not what could be done to encourage them to, therefore reducing food miles and reducing land demand. Before I can look at what governmental strategies could be put in place I need something to analyse so would appreciate any responses. Thank you kindly.

1) Where do you live? (Town & County)

2) Please highlight any within 15 minutes walking distance of where you live:

Local Convenience Store / Local Village / Town Centre / City Centre /
Woodland / Working Farm / Country Side / Allotments / Local Market / Farmers Market

3) Is the property where you live rented or owned?: RENTED / OWNED

4) Does the property have a garden? YES / NO

5) Have you ever considered using an allotment? YES / NO

6) Is it possible to dedicate some of the garden to growing food and still allow you suitable space to meet your social needs? YES / NO

7) If you rent are you able to change the garden? YES / NO

8) Do you garden? YES / NO

9) Please highlight any of the following that you grow:

Flowers / Fruit / Vegetables / Herbs / Maintain Fruiting Trees

10) If YES please highlight your reason for doing so:

Hobbie / To Ensure Organic / Tastes Better / To Be Self Sufficient / To Save Money / Reduce Amount of Shopping / If Other Please State

11) If NO please indicate why:

Not An Interest / Lack of Time / Lack of Knowledge / Not Enough Space / If Other Please State

12) What would encourage you to grow food/more food?

13) Are you male or female? MALE / FEMALE

14) What is your working status?:

Full Time Employee / Part Time Employee / Self Employed / Full Time
Education / Part Time Education / Retired / Full Time Parent / Currently Not Working

If you got this far then I send you my deepest gratitude!

Two Acre Wood (Food for Thought) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 6 26-09-2007 07:05 PM
Deer Food...who woould have thought charliekilo Texas 11 08-05-2007 11:50 PM
food for thought Roger Edible Gardening 1 26-08-2006 02:25 PM
Food for thought? Mike United Kingdom 0 04-06-2004 10:05 AM
Food For Thought [email protected] Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:36 AM