Old 25-04-2003, 05:08 PM
TheScullster

Default Cow or Horse the Sequel

If I go with horse, how long do I have to leave it to break down before
digging in?
I intend to use it to rejuvenate a border from which we are removing Laucon
firs.
Probably replace firs with hedging - pyracantha, laurel, escallonia etc

TIA

Phil

Old 25-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Sue C

TheScullster asks:
"If I go with horse, how long do I have to leave it to break down before
digging in?
I intend to use it to rejuvenate a border from which we are removing Laucon
firs.
Probably replace firs with hedging - pyracantha, laurel, escallonia etc"

My book says 2 months ... and 12 months for cow manure.

Old 25-04-2003, 10:57 PM
bnd777

Its never a good idea to use fresh manure on any bed except in the winter
Much better to use mature compost
Since you have removed Lawsons Conifers you will find you will need tons of
compost to restore the soil condition as all conifers double strip the soil
of all nutrients and turn it acid

"TheScullster" wrote in message
If I go with horse, how long do I have to leave it to break down before
digging in?
I intend to use it to rejuvenate a border from which we are removing

Laucon
firs.
Probably replace firs with hedging - pyracantha, laurel, escallonia etc

TIA

Phil

PHOTO OF (LAST WEEK) Asparagus, the sequel Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 6 02-09-2007 02:12 AM
PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Duck Potatoes, The Sequel, Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 1 30-08-2007 01:06 AM
Help the Sequel Pond Diver Ponds 8 02-07-2004 04:05 PM
sequel to blaster worm Alan Gould United Kingdom 58 14-09-2003 08:13 PM
Cow or Horse? TheScullster United Kingdom 7 27-04-2003 10:45 PM