Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-06-2008, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default First post - complete beginner

I hope someone can help me here.

I've inherited a couple of Eucalyptus trees from my sister (in the process
of turning an overgrown mess into a garden). They were both pot bound - been
in pots for something like 6 years.

The smaller one, only about 4 foot high, seems to be dying - lots of yellow
and brown leaves after only 11 days in the ground. It had some yellow leaves
on it when it was planted, but seems to have accelerated.

The taller, 6 foot one, seems to be faring better but also has some yellow
leaves.

Soil is well drained and I've been watering them at least every other day,
only missing doing it if the area still looks damp from the previous day.
Can they be over watered?

I've read that Eucalyptus do shed leaves in summer but this seems too early.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ilkesto...days%20ago.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ilkesto...0yellowing.JPG
(taken from 72 feet away as it's raining here)

--
Steve