Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2008, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hand powered mower for rough lawn?

Hi,

I've moved to a place with a lawn of about 20 x 15 feet and another
smaller lawn elsewhere. I think thats too much for my cordless
strimmer to cope with so I'm looking at getting a lawnmower.

I was thinking of picking up a cheap hand powered cylinder mower from
Argos. The lawn is flat but far from immaculate, having a couple of
weeds, bumps and occassional twigs etc in amongst the grass. Would a
hand powered mower be ok for this or are they meant for immaculately
kept lawns?

I've had a hover mower in the past but I like the idea of no power
cables, simplicity etc.

TIA.

Rough Rough! Dave Hill United Kingdom 25 14-01-2010 09:23 PM
Rough mower engine Geoff Griffiths Lawns 10 26-05-2009 04:10 PM
Teens and Abortion; Hand in Hand?: Is It the Answer? Michael Calwell Ponds 12 20-05-2005 02:00 AM
Identification of rough grass invading lawn nospam United Kingdom 3 01-06-2003 03:56 AM
hand powered threshing machine jake brand sci.agriculture 0 21-05-2003 04:32 PM