Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cat poo

Is cat poo good or bad for the garden? Just spotted one of next door's cats
having a dump (away from plants and he has tried to bury it, bless him). I
know it doesn't do lawns much good, based on a neighbour who used to live
across the road and kept blaming my cat (all cats look alike except to their
carers).

I'll happily dig it in if it's going to help the soil

--
Steve

Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Steve Turner wrote:
Is cat poo good or bad for the garden? Just spotted one of next door's cats
having a dump (away from plants and he has tried to bury it, bless him). I
know it doesn't do lawns much good, based on a neighbour who used to live
across the road and kept blaming my cat (all cats look alike except to their
carers).

I'll happily dig it in if it's going to help the soil

Cat poo does not fertilise. I believe that there are only 2 animals who
have this distinction, the other being the Polar Bear and you do not
want one of those on your garden
The best thing to do is to remove it and throw it away.

Ian
Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ian J Maude" wrote in message
news
Steve Turner wrote:
Is cat poo good or bad for the garden? Just spotted one of next door's
cats having a dump (away from plants and he has tried to bury it, bless
him). I know it doesn't do lawns much good, based on a neighbour who used
to live across the road and kept blaming my cat (all cats look alike
except to their carers).

I'll happily dig it in if it's going to help the soil

Cat poo does not fertilise. I believe that there are only 2 animals who
have this distinction, the other being the Polar Bear and you do not want
one of those on your garden
The best thing to do is to remove it and throw it away.

Ian

Yep I am always throwing the neigbours cats out of our garden, the bloody
staffy just wants to play with them

Old 07-07-2008, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Campa-Man" contains these words:
"Ian J Maude" wrote in message
news
Steve Turner wrote:

Is cat poo good or bad for the garden? Just spotted one of next door's
cats having a dump (away from plants and he has tried to bury it, bless
him). I know it doesn't do lawns much good, based on a neighbour
who used
to live across the road and kept blaming my cat (all cats look alike
except to their carers).

I'll happily dig it in if it's going to help the soil

Cat poo does not fertilise. I believe that there are only 2 animals who
have this distinction, the other being the Polar Bear and you do not want
one of those on your garden
The best thing to do is to remove it and throw it away.

Yep I am always throwing the neigbours cats out of our garden, the bloody
staffy just wants to play with them

Staffy? Pshaw! Our English would have eaten them if she'd caught them...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 07-07-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Turner" wrote ...
Is cat poo good or bad for the garden? Just spotted one of next door's
cats
having a dump (away from plants and he has tried to bury it, bless him). I
know it doesn't do lawns much good, based on a neighbour who used to live
across the road and kept blaming my cat (all cats look alike except to
their
carers).

I'll happily dig it in if it's going to help the soil

We had 27 cats living next to our last allotment and we just dug it in, no
problems.
Just take normal hygienic precautions as you would putting your hands in any
soil, people often moan about it but then they use Horse Manure which is the
biggest carrier of Tetanus.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ian J Maude wrote:

Cat poo does not fertilise. I believe that there are only 2 animals who
have this distinction, the other being the Polar Bear and you do not
want one of those on your garden

Hmm - No Nitrogen, phosphorus or potassium ? Unlikely given what goes in
at the other end.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yep I am always throwing the neigbours cats out of our garden, the bloody
staffy just wants to play with them

Staffy? Pshaw! Our English would have eaten them if she'd caught them...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Yeah I bet.... She found a Hedgehog in the garden last week, all I could
here was her whining then yelping as she kept trying to get it to play by
poking it with her nose.

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
Is cat poo harmful to vegatable/human health? Erik Johnson Edible Gardening 38 22-03-2008 05:00 AM
Cat poo area of garden....problem planting! Rebecca[_2_] United Kingdom 1 27-04-2007 06:56 AM
Cat Poo JANCAN United Kingdom 9 20-04-2006 09:07 PM
Cat poo ( Cats again) Burl Gardening 5 25-05-2003 06:56 PM