Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2008, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Learned something new today

which may be of interest to some of you.

I have got my cabbages growing well and covered
with a net to keep pests off, (mainly Pigeons)

This morning I noticed a lot of white butterflies had got
in, not wanting said cabbages to be covered in caterpillars
I filled my spay bottle with soapy water (Fairy liquid) and
sprayed over the cabbages, hoping this would make them
less attractive for them and also directing the spray at
the butterflies whenever possible.

A short time later I saw that the b/flies had got out and
flown off but the ones that I hit with the spray where
laying on the ground dead.

Fairy liquid is fast becoming my best friend.

Wally

What I learned at the APS meeting: oak wilt Nina Bonsai 0 04-08-2005 01:39 PM
it irrigated, you jumped, yet Rudy never badly learned above the planet Isabelle United Kingdom 0 24-07-2005 01:18 PM
Hard lesson learned :( Chad Ponds 10 08-11-2003 05:02 AM
Lessons learned. Sheepkeeper Orchids 5 31-10-2003 09:02 PM
with all the good stuff I learned on here I rebuilt our old pond bighead Ponds 19 10-06-2003 03:32 PM