Old 27-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Sheepkeeper

Default Lessons learned.

My wife and I bought a perfectly beautiful, if unnamed Cat at a shop in San
Jose on Saturday. It sat on the seat between us, shaded by the back of the
seat. We made one stop -- less than 20 minutes. During that time, part of
two leaves were in the sun. The good news is, the plant will survive. The
bad news is, it will be a double amputee. My wife carefully held a
newspaper over it the rest of the day.

Old 27-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Gene Schurg

Sheepkeeper,

Don't rush to cut off the burned leaves. If the top layer is brown the
lower levels may still be alive. They will not recover to be pretty green
but they will help the plant produce food for the next growth cycle.

Gene

om...

Old 27-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

Rule of thumb:

If you wouldn't leave your dog in a hot place for ten minutes, don't leave
an orchid there for five. Yeah, we've all learned that lesson,
unfortunately!

Diana

nk.net...

Old 28-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Peter Ashby

Diana Kulaga wrote:

Rule of thumb:

If you wouldn't leave your dog in a hot place for ten minutes, don't leave
an orchid there for five. Yeah, we've all learned that lesson,
unfortunately!

Works for cold too, cue visions of our move from London, England to
Dundee, Scotland at the start of December. On stopping in the Borders
for the night the orchids came into the guesthouse with us instead of
staying in the car and being left to the frost.

Heat is not such a problem up here.

Peter

Old 31-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Peter Ashby

Sheepkeeper wrote:

Ay, lad. I'm full-blooded Scott myself.

Hmm, shouldn't that be: Aye laddie, I'm a full-blooded Scot, me. ;-)

I was born here and I live here but I was dragged up in New Zealand so I
no longer have the accent.

Peter