Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fuchsia ID - new pics

Hi all,

I think this is a "Marinka" but would appreciate if someone could please
confirm. It's a very lovely, delicate and slow-growing plant which I've had
for a couple of years and overwintered cut-back in my greenhouse.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t/Image000.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t/Image001.jpg

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Clive in Kent wrote:
I think this is a "Marinka" but would appreciate if someone could please
confirm.

If it's not 'Marinka' Clive, it's doing the best impression of it that
I've seen. I've never been a great fan of hybrid Fuchsias on account
of their out-an-out 'blowsiness' (especially the doubles, which I
abhor), but 'Marinka' is a very fine variety for those with
patience. I had it growing permanently outside in a window box
during the most of the '80s and by about year 3 it was spectacular
with great trails of foliage and flower for most of the year. If the
box hadn't disintegrated I'd probably still have it now, but its
replacement was filled with a few species type Pelargoniums, which
I've still got. Hold on to it and don't prune the stems back too
heavily - it seems to prefer rather gentler treatment that that meted
out to faster growing varieties.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
Clive in Kent wrote:
[...]

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate your input and I'll take your advice up on
the winter pruning

Kind regards

Clive in Kent

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Fuchsia - Fuchsia-firecracker-throwback.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 0 03-04-2009 08:40 PM
Fuchsia - Fuchsia-Firecracker.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 0 03-04-2009 08:40 PM
Fuchsia paul United Kingdom 2 12-03-2003 05:32 PM
PNW help - Fuchsia procumbens and Jasminum nudiflorum sam Gardening 3 05-02-2003 07:29 PM