Old 15-08-2008, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT maybe: Save Our URG Archives !

On 15/8/08 11:39, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

It's all in here somewhere.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html

and more specifically here

Those are good, dispassionate articles which explain the matter very well,
IMO. There will, of course, now be a furious debate on top-posting,
attributions and yet more on snipping. ;-))
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 15-08-2008, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/8/08 16:22, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:58:27 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 15/8/08 11:39, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

It's all in here somewhere.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html

and more specifically here

Those are good, dispassionate articles which explain the matter very well,
IMO. There will, of course, now be a furious debate on top-posting,
attributions and yet more on snipping. ;-))

Accompanied by much plonking. Flush them out and kill.

Oh, I'm not getting into all that stuff myself. I like the way things are
'usually' done on urg and am happy to go along with them!

Old 15-08-2008, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , PK
writes

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

But who is to judge what is irrelevant material irrelevant material ?

the person drafting the reply - to make clear the specific point being
addressed.
pk

Exactly, as should others who may choose to respond to other parts of
the post
--
Gordon H
Old 15-08-2008, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 15/8/08 11:39, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

It's all in here somewhere.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html

and more specifically here

Those are good, dispassionate articles which explain the matter very well,
IMO. There will, of course, now be a furious debate on top-posting,
attributions and yet more on snipping. ;-))

Probably. My first group had a culture which practised all the
advisory conventions, and I read similar articles in the first week I
joined.
On the other hand, bottom posting (or interwoven) just seemed common
sense.

That should kick it off, now I.m off back to the Olympics. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Old 16-08-2008, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

And me,

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:28:34 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

wrote:

On 15/8/08 11:39, in article
, "Martin"
wrote: snip It's all in here somewhere.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html and more
specifically here

Those are good, dispassionate articles which explain the matter very
well, IMO. There will, of course, now be a furious debate on
top-posting, attributions and yet more on snipping. ;-))

Accompanied by much plonking. Flush them out and kill.

Oh, I'm not getting into all that stuff myself. I like the way things
are 'usually' done on urg and am happy to go along with them!

Me too.

-- My Blog at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sw33tf00l/

Old 17-08-2008, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote:
snip

It's all in here somewhere.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-information.html

and more specifically here

Those are good, dispassionate articles which explain the matter very well,
IMO. *There will, of course, now be a furious debate on top-posting,
attributions and yet more on snipping. *;-))

Accompanied by much plonking. Flush them out and kill.

Oh, I'm not getting into all that stuff myself. *I like the way things are
'usually' done on urg and am happy to go along with them!

Me too.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Me too! Did you know that we are getting a name as the 3
musketeers? :-)

Judith

CONservation hooligans: "Save our Squirrels" guilty ofslaughtering wildlife Don H3 United Kingdom 0 16-11-2007 04:18 PM
Save our Slugs Hamish United Kingdom 0 22-07-2004 12:26 AM
Save our Slugs Hamish United Kingdom 0 21-07-2004 11:15 PM
Save our Slugs Hamish United Kingdom 0 21-07-2004 09:33 PM
Help save our Acer please simon United Kingdom 5 18-04-2004 11:03 PM