Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-08-2008, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dividing / Relocating Crocosmia.

In message , Bobbie
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes
On Aug 23, 4:36 pm, Gordon H wrote:
I have a clump of Crocosmia

[....]

You could do what I do, pull up the dead ones that have flowered. Just
grab a handful of leaves and pull. A good many of the plants will come
out of the ground in clumps, corms attached. Do this through the whole
clump. It will leave sufficient corms in the ground for next year, but
severely and suitably reduced. I have several varieties and love them
all, each one has a place in my scheme of things. It works for me. Each
when they have finished flowering and when the leaves start to go brown
just pull. I think you will find that they will come out quite easily,
especially if the ground is damp. Make sure there is nothing else
growing near that you might remove by mistake.
Failing that, just dig them up. There will always be corms left, there
always is. g

Bobbie. (who gardens by ear)

Really? I suppose it saves you hands for . . . other things . . .
;-)

I have read all the comments, and I've started digging over the grass
and weed-ridden border...

Sorry for slow response, I am avoiding sitting at the PC too much these
days.
--
Gordon H