Old 16-09-2008, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help needed to identify plant

On 16/9/08 19:08, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/9/08 17:20, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:

"babydoctor" wrote in message

I recently acquired a potted plant but I was not told what it was. When
I got it, it had very small white flowers on it which were fragrant.
These have now died off (they can just about be seen in the attached
image). The leaves/stems have no scent and the stems are fairly hard
and stick-like. The older stems at the base have turned yellow.
I just wondered if anyone could tell me what it is and also give some
care advice... It appears to be dying off, and I am unsure if it will
come back next year etc....

a picture of the plant can be found at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/6ex67w

Thanks!

I thought it looked rather like the white form of Lithospermum diffusum,
but
I don't think that has scent.

Spider

Ray says there some miniature Penstemons about and I think someone has
suggested Penstemons, haven't they?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Yes, I've grown them myself (can't remember the name) and they're very
pretty. However, the leaves in the picture we saw were textured like
Lithospermum, but I don't think it can be. Gypsohila seems to have been
accepted, and it *does* have scent.

Spider

Gypsophila? Could be G. repens, perhaps?

Old 14-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered User

I know, it has very small white flowers that one fragrance. Now they are dead (they almost can be seen in attached image). In the leaf / stem has no flavor and are quite tough stems, adhere to the state. Old stems at the bottom have turned yellow.
Pond Kits