Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2008, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pumpkin questions

This is my third year growing punpkins. Each year some plants do
great and some just never get going.
This year, 2 plants that I started early and got into the ground
before the weather went terrible in May, thrived. I got 6 pumpkins
each from them (less than half the diameter of a football each but
enough each to feed 5 or 6 roasted). 4 plants that I started a little
later and that were doing really well in greenhouse, were planted out
after the weather went bad and they never got going (1 small pumpkin
from 4 plants). Can any experts please describe how they do their
pumpkins (when do you germinate; plant out and how do you treat
them). I am seriously considering a small mobile polytunnel next year
or cloche; would this work?

Des in Dublin