Old 10-10-2008, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default nemesia amelie

Anyone got any ideas about what to do with a nemesia amelie? It's been
in a tub flowering and smelling like mad since the Spring, so I don't
want to do anything to upset it.
I'd like to divide or propagate it in some way for next year, but not
sure what to do or when to do it. It survived last winter outdoors but
maybe I was just lucky.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/08 15:17, in article , "stuart
noble" wrote:

Anyone got any ideas about what to do with a nemesia amelie? It's been
in a tub flowering and smelling like mad since the Spring, so I don't
want to do anything to upset it.
I'd like to divide or propagate it in some way for next year, but not
sure what to do or when to do it. It survived last winter outdoors but
maybe I was just lucky.
Thanks for any advice.

Take cuttings but don't sell them on. ;-)
Ray takes cuttings of his N Bluebird and they root like mad.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

noble" wrote:

Anyone got any ideas about what to do with a nemesia amelie? It's been
in a tub flowering and smelling like mad since the Spring, so I don't
want to do anything to upset it.
I'd like to divide or propagate it in some way for next year, but not
sure what to do or when to do it. It survived last winter outdoors but
maybe I was just lucky.
Thanks for any advice.

Take cuttings but don't sell them on. ;-)

Ah. Some sort of licensing issue?

Ray takes cuttings of his N Bluebird and they root like mad.

When would I do that? It looks like it needs cutting back now but
perhaps I should leave it till Spring?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

noble" wrote:

Anyone got any ideas about what to do with a nemesia amelie? It's been
in a tub flowering and smelling like mad since the Spring, so I don't
want to do anything to upset it.
I'd like to divide or propagate it in some way for next year, but not
sure what to do or when to do it. It survived last winter outdoors but
maybe I was just lucky.
Thanks for any advice.

Take cuttings but don't sell them on. ;-)

Ah. Some sort of licensing issue?

Yes, it has PBR on it. Nobody is likely to be upset by an amateur gardener
taking cuttings for his own use but selling them on for profit is a
violation of what is, essentially, a patent.

"Breeder: Martine Tellwright****

UPOV name: Nemesia FLEURAME
Protection status:
EU: PVR granted. CPVO file number 20040636.
US: Plant Patent granted (awaiting grant number)
Australia: PVR application pending
Hardiness: treat as annual bedding in colder climates.
Bloom: soft pale lilac pink large flowers. Sweetly scented.
Foliage: deep green.
Habit: neat, compact and bushy.
Propagation: cuttings. Note: a licence is required for propagation.
Cultu full sun or part shade, any good soil.
If you are a grower interested in this variety, then please contact us today
- we are constantly seeking select, high quality licensees for current and
future plant products.

Note: the inclusion of any plant in PFEšs portfolio listing is not an offer
for sale of that plant, and is merely intended to create interest in
licences for propagation. In every case, the breederšs rights are preserved,
and the breeder retains all rights in the intellectual property in that
plant."****

Ray takes cuttings of his N Bluebird and they root like mad.

When would I do that? It looks like it needs cutting back now but
perhaps I should leave it till Spring?

Right now and don't leave it longer, says Ray. You need to get the cuttings
through the winter somewhere light and frost-free and don't over water them.
You could bring the whole plant into a frost-free place and take cuttings
next spring, however.

Nemesia e+d[_2_] Garden Photos 1 11-05-2009 04:38 PM
nemesia deadheading Stanley United Kingdom 8 21-07-2004 10:20 PM
Nemesia Fruticans has no flowers Adam Schwartz Gardening 2 23-07-2003 08:42 PM
growing nemesia - Candy Girl Jay United Kingdom 1 14-06-2003 03:20 PM
Can nemesia be hardy? Caren Gardening 0 17-03-2003 01:56 PM