Old 14-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered User

Red face Growing Woad

Hi there!

I've bought some dyer's woad seeds for my uni work and was hoping for some advice on growing them. Since they are wild flowers i heard they can be difficult to germanate, what are the conditions they need to grow? I'll be growing them indoors.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Isla.
Old 15-10-2008, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing Woad

"Isla" wrote in message

Hi there!

I've bought some dyer's woad seeds for my uni work and was hoping for
some advice on growing them. Since they are wild flowers i heard they
can be difficult to germanate, what are the conditions they need to
grow? I'll be growing them indoors.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Isla.

I've tried and tried and never had success by any method. If you do please
let us know. The annoying thing is that it grows abundantly in some wild
places :-)

Could be that my soil is wrong, not chalky enough (it's common in Cambs).

I can't grow weld either, even when I buy or transplant growing, healthy
specimen.

Want some soapwort? It's overtaken my front garden, even smothers the
buttercups!

Mary

Old 17-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered User