Old 28-10-2008, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A carpet of flowers - literally

On Oct 28, 12:49 pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

news:0r2dnR4- Sory Mike, I think it is a labour of love, for just a second
think of

the work on creating the pattern, probably from an ancient Eastern one
by the looks of it. It faithfully reproduces the colours, no mean
feat and texture of the real thing. I have a couple of antique rugs/
carpets, and I can see just how much work went into the detail on this
design. I love it and I think it is a masterpiece, not just of the
designers but those who grew and raised the plants.

Agreed.

Just a pity we do not get see a view of the whole arrangement.

Regards
Pete
www.heavilysnowinghereatthecanalshop.com

Yesterday I saw a large white van covered with plastic flowers, it had a
certain charm - for me :-)

kate

Well, it would be more interesting than plain white van? Beauty is in
the eye of the beholder Kate.

Judith
Old 28-10-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 28, 12:18 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

France" wrote:
On Oct 27, 4:17 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:37:05 -0000, "Mike Derby"

wrote:
Oh dear, Sacha. More like an astonishing waste of time than a labour of
love. The whole thing is quite horrible.

MD.

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Well, I agree with Sacha. What a work of art, and a "labour of love"
knowing it won't last.
Top-posting-Mike, have you never seen the annual "well dressing"
pictures in Derbyshire?

Pam in Bristol

It will last an entire Summer, think of the joy and gasps of pleasure
that this will bring to so many. Dear me Pam, I often wonder if some
people have a soul!!!! Perhaps we should all stop growing bedding
plants, "as they don't last"!!!!!
Tut Tut.

Judith

And you should never have cut flowers in your house (which would do a lot of
damage to the economies of various countries) nor should any country have
its flowers festivals, thus reducing tourism attractions. When the world is
a uniform grey perhaps 'some' people will be satisfied!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Duh!!!!! Forget "some people"!!!!!!!! Are you packed?

Judith
Old 29-10-2008, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/10/08 23:23, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Oct 28, 12:18 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

Not a prayer. We will sling the suitcases together tomorrow and Thursday.
Both of us delay the dreaded moment always. We have to pack for two
climates right from the start, Hong Kong and Xian and in our case (ha!)
that's a real logistical nightmare. Our plan is to take a small bag that
will hold enough clothes for 3 days in colder Xian but to leave our major
luggage at the hotel in HK for collection on our way back. I hope.

Old 29-10-2008, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 28, 1:47 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

Judith, I wasn't the one who complained, it was top-posting-john.
I thought it was beautiful and said so.

Pam in Bristol

Pam there has been a delay with posts appearing via Google. Maybe you
didn't see my reply to your post? Of course you didn't complain, I
know that, blame Google, again :-)

Judith
Old 29-10-2008, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 29, 12:51 pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 04:20:16 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Oct 28, 1:47 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

Judith, it is time you stopped relying on Google Gropes for your news access.
--

Martin

Agreed sweetie, you have told me that before. When I have time, maybe
next February, I will bite the bullet, sit down read the manual and
sort it. I used to be on Demon and Turnpike. I love Turnpike and I
have tried to instal it here, recently, I wasn't successful.

Judith

Old 29-10-2008, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Oct 28, 1:47 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

Apologies Judith. I misunderstood your comments.
You are right, there is a problem with my newsreader (Agent).
I sometimes see messages only when they appear in other replies.
Both yours this time only appeared when Martin replied.

I must check my list of killfiles, but I know I have never knowingly
kellfiled you!

Pam in Bristol
Old 29-10-2008, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Oct 28, 1:47 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

Don't worry Pam, you and I have known each other too long to let a
small misunderstanding get in the way :-)

Judith