Old 24-10-2008, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A carpet of flowers - literally

What an astonishing labour of love this is!
http://tinyurl.com/62zvd7

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-10-2008, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Oh dear, Sacha. More like an astonishing waste of time than a labour of
love. The whole thing is quite horrible.

MD.

Old 27-10-2008, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Derby" wrote in message
Oh dear, Sacha. More like an astonishing waste of time than a labour of
love. The whole thing is quite horrible.

MD.

I'm glad someone has said that. How long will the flowers last? Next to no
time. Would have been much better left where they were are the artistic
handiwork of those concerned put some more permanent project with a few pots
of paint for example.

Mike

Old 27-10-2008, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Well, I agree with Sacha. What a work of art, and a "labour of love"
knowing it won't last.
Top-posting-Mike, have you never seen the annual "well dressing"
pictures in Derbyshire?

Pam in Bristol
Old 27-10-2008, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Well, I agree with Sacha. What a work of art, and a "labour of love"
knowing it won't last.
Top-posting-Mike, have you never seen the annual "well dressing"
pictures in Derbyshire?

Pam in Bristol

I went with the local Civil Service Pensioners Alliance to Arundel to the
Festival of the Flowers and thought the same thing then. Have you seen the
minute detail? Flowers pulled off their stems? Small bits of evergreen
hedging for the background? I am not disputing the art, but would you be so
ecstatic if your children/neighbour's children had made a 'Work of art' on
your path with the heads of your flowers? In the words of a long since
vanished troll "I think not"

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 28-10-2008, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..

What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Sory Mike, I think it is a labour of love, for just a second think of
the work on creating the pattern, probably from an ancient Eastern one
by the looks of it. It faithfully reproduces the colours, no mean
feat and texture of the real thing. I have a couple of antique rugs/
carpets, and I can see just how much work went into the detail on this
design. I love it and I think it is a masterpiece, not just of the
designers but those who grew and raised the plants.

Judith
Old 28-10-2008, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Well, I agree with Sacha. What a work of art, and a "labour of love"
knowing it won't last.
Top-posting-Mike, have you never seen the annual "well dressing"
pictures in Derbyshire?

Pam in Bristol

It will last an entire Summer, think of the joy and gasps of pleasure
that this will bring to so many. Dear me Pam, I often wonder if some
people have a soul!!!! Perhaps we should all stop growing bedding
plants, "as they don't last"!!!!!
Tut Tut.

Judith
Old 28-10-2008, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
Sory Mike, I think it is a labour of love, for just a second think of
the work on creating the pattern, probably from an ancient Eastern one
by the looks of it. It faithfully reproduces the colours, no mean
feat and texture of the real thing. I have a couple of antique rugs/
carpets, and I can see just how much work went into the detail on this
design. I love it and I think it is a masterpiece, not just of the
designers but those who grew and raised the plants.

Agreed.

Just a pity we do not get see a view of the whole arrangement.

Regards
Pete
www.heavilysnowinghereatthecanalshop.com

Old 28-10-2008, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message
news:0r2dnR4- Sory Mike, I think it is a labour of love, for just a second
think of
the work on creating the pattern, probably from an ancient Eastern one
by the looks of it. It faithfully reproduces the colours, no mean
feat and texture of the real thing. I have a couple of antique rugs/
carpets, and I can see just how much work went into the detail on this
design. I love it and I think it is a masterpiece, not just of the
designers but those who grew and raised the plants.

Agreed.

Just a pity we do not get see a view of the whole arrangement.

Regards
Pete
www.heavilysnowinghereatthecanalshop.com

Yesterday I saw a large white van covered with plastic flowers, it had a
certain charm - for me :-)

kate

Old 28-10-2008, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
What an astonishing labour of love this is!

Well, I agree with Sacha. What a work of art, and a "labour of love"
knowing it won't last.
Top-posting-Mike, have you never seen the annual "well dressing"
pictures in Derbyshire?

Pam in Bristol

It will last an entire Summer, think of the joy and gasps of pleasure
that this will bring to so many. Dear me Pam, I often wonder if some
people have a soul!!!! Perhaps we should all stop growing bedding
plants, "as they don't last"!!!!!
Tut Tut.

Judith

And you should never have cut flowers in your house (which would do a lot of
damage to the economies of various countries) nor should any country have
its flowers festivals, thus reducing tourism attractions. When the world is
a uniform grey perhaps 'some' people will be satisfied!

Judith, I wasn't the one who complained, it was top-posting-john.
I thought it was beautiful and said so.

Pam in Bristol
Old 28-10-2008, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/10/08 13:47, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

And I wrote the "you should never have....." para, which if nothing else
demonstrates the muddle top posting gets into!

Old 28-10-2008, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 28, 1:47 pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/10/08 11:17, in article
, "Judith in

"Sacha" wrote in a message:..
[...]

I know Sweetie, I was just tut tutting and agreeing with you over the
garden fence.

Judith
Old 28-10-2008, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 28, 12:41 pm, "Pete Stockdale"
wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in message

Sory Mike, I think it is a labour of love, for just a second think of
the work on creating the pattern, probably from an ancient Eastern one
by the looks of it. It faithfully reproduces the colours, no mean
feat and texture of the real thing. I have a couple of antique rugs/
carpets, and I can see just how much work went into the detail on this
design. I love it and I think it is a masterpiece, not just of the
designers but those who grew and raised the plants.

Agreed.

Just a pity we do not get see a view of the whole arrangement.

Regards
Petewww.heavilysnowinghereatthecanalshop.com

Pete, I think we lose a lot just looking at the pic, we need to use
imagination and even then we can't imagine the beauty of the plants,
close up, I so wish I could see and touch it!

Judith