Old 26-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Registered User

Default Newb, wants help picking some delightful smells

Hi all, I'm new here - guess my post count'll say 1.. lol

So i'm from south yorkshire, and am just discovering some interest in gardening at age 26.. find it therapeutic, enjoy it, and can see a lot of practical uses.

So i want to grow some basic veg like cherry tomatoes, peas, and spuds out in the garden, grew the first two in my youth, have figured out the spud technique. Grew some basil on the windowsill last year - my greenfingered family members say basil is a right mare to grow and that they never managed it.. So i planted half a pack of seeds and ended up with FORTY basil plants spread about the house LOL.

There's some nice plants out in the garden like a huge poppy, a couple of teasels that grow nice, and something my mum called kiria *shrug* that have been in there since we moved in

But there's nothing really nice or strong smelling out there.. I'd like to grow some nice smelling plants next season (nothing illegal, lol) - sometimes i walk past other people's gardens and have to stop and sniff for a few seconds.. so so nice. Some display plants, and some that produce crops i can use for stuff..

Does anyone have any suggestions? She who must be obeyed loves lavender so i'm going to try some of that.. Am a bit of a newb so nothing difficult to grow.. and suggestions of possible uses?

many thanks folks
AJ

Newb in Windsor Needs Help JaysonC Bonsai 2 11-07-2005 03:33 AM
[IBC] Newb in Windsor Needs Help Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 11-07-2005 02:09 AM
A delightful gift GrlIntrpted Orchids 4 12-03-2004 01:15 AM
Newb needs help please Ike Porter Gardening 4 02-07-2003 10:44 PM
Delightful Ojai,CA gardens HCweb North Carolina 0 28-03-2003 06:56 PM