Old 16-11-2008, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help - Bulbs

I have never bothered with bulbs before- lazy perennial/shrub gardener

Spent a fair bit at Bulb time -

all my crocus, and several potted bulbs, are popping up.

Normal in Nov ?

--
"As God once said, and I think rightly..." - Margaret Thatcher.

Old 16-11-2008, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "BOFH" contains these words:

I have never bothered with bulbs before- lazy perennial/shrub gardener

Spent a fair bit at Bulb time -

all my crocus, and several potted bulbs, are popping up.

Normal in Nov ?

Yes.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered User

[quote=BOFH;822836]I have never bothered with bulbs before- lazy perennial/shrub gardener

Spent a fair bit at Bulb time -

all my crocus, and several potted bulbs, are popping up.

Normal in Nov ?

Same here. If they're Spring bulbs, why not?
Old 17-11-2008, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Conroy" wrote in message

BOFH;822836 Wrote:
I have never bothered with bulbs before- lazy perennial/shrub gardener

Spent a fair bit at Bulb time -

all my crocus, and several potted bulbs, are popping up.

Normal in Nov ?

Same here. If they're Spring bulbs, why not?

I suppose its perception. Having never bothered with bulbs before, I suppose
I had this picture in my head of
seeing them popping up as the days got longer etc. Life is full of pleasant
surprises :-)

Old 17-11-2008, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "BOFH" contains these words:

I suppose its perception. Having never bothered with bulbs before, I
suppose
I had this picture in my head of
seeing them popping up as the days got longer etc. Life is full of pleasant
surprises :-)

It's when you see a periscope popping up in your pond that you can begin
to think you've got problems.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

I am new to gardening with Bulbs can you help a newcomer ? darren30 United Kingdom 15 30-01-2011 07:08 PM
My bulbs are coming up in Fife..help? Mitulove United Kingdom 26 01-02-2009 08:20 PM
Iris bulbs care help birdieb Gardening 3 22-12-2005 09:53 PM
Dug up my Iris bulbs, but too late to plant...now what? Help please! Dave B Gardening 6 11-11-2005 03:51 PM
Help in removing Star of David Bulbs in Yard GoatDaddy Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:08 AM