Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The past three days...

.... started at 05:10 on Thursday with me trying to drive to Coventry, and
ended half an hour ago when I managed to sit down and upload this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb0KtuBBL0

In between has seen me spending a lot of time and effort struggling with the
elements. It seems Wensleydale (where I live) caught the heaviest of
Thursdays snowfall, thankfully it was not accompanied by the high winds that
were forecasted. As it is I have several shrubs bent and broken by the
weight of snow, and a couple of large boughs brought down as well.

Much of the garden is still under 4 inches of snow even after two days of
thaw, thank heavens for the snow blower.

Mike

Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote ...
... started at 05:10 on Thursday with me trying to drive to Coventry, and
ended half an hour ago when I managed to sit down and upload this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb0KtuBBL0

In between has seen me spending a lot of time and effort struggling with
the elements. It seems Wensleydale (where I live) caught the heaviest of
Thursdays snowfall, thankfully it was not accompanied by the high winds
that were forecasted. As it is I have several shrubs bent and broken by
the weight of snow, and a couple of large boughs brought down as well.

Much of the garden is still under 4 inches of snow even after two days of
thaw, thank heavens for the snow blower.

Why didn't you use the Defender?
You surely would not have had a problem with the drive with that (except for
everyone else).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

"Muddymike" wrote ...
... started at 05:10 on Thursday with me trying to drive to Coventry, and
ended half an hour ago when I managed to sit down and upload this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb0KtuBBL0

In between has seen me spending a lot of time and effort struggling with
the elements. It seems Wensleydale (where I live) caught the heaviest of
Thursdays snowfall, thankfully it was not accompanied by the high winds
that were forecasted. As it is I have several shrubs bent and broken by
the weight of snow, and a couple of large boughs brought down as well.

Much of the garden is still under 4 inches of snow even after two days of
thaw, thank heavens for the snow blower.

Why didn't you use the Defender?
You surely would not have had a problem with the drive with that (except for
everyone else).

What would be the fun in that ? :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 07-12-2008, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article , says...

"Muddymike" wrote ...
[...]

Spot on, I use the Land Rover (its not a Defender by the way its a Rang
Rover/Army Lightweight hybrid I built myself) for having fun elsewhere. I
also belong to a group of 4x4 owners that offer support to the emergency
services in bad weather etc.

We often have paying guests here and they don't often drive 4X4s but do
expect to be able to get out at the end of their week. There are also the
odd ones we can't wait to see the back of, don't want them snowed in :-)

Mike
www.farend.org.uk

Past its prime-2438 Maroochy Garden Photos 0 28-03-2009 01:22 PM
past 30 days stats for MTT Rocky Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:07 PM
This Past Winter Kenneth G. Schwarz Gardening 5 09-06-2003 11:44 PM
another indoor question flies past Arwen Long North Carolina 11 01-05-2003 05:34 PM
The past few days madgard Gardening 3 30-01-2003 02:57 AM