Old 13-12-2008, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Projects

Last year in October I posted about a wall project we were starting up in
our fruit cage and someone asked (MikeCT I think) for some before and
after pictures so if anyone is interested here they are at
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/projects.htm
Busy with more walls at the moment but elsewhere, hope to return
and tackle stage two in the fruitcage next winter although I may try and
get the foundations done this winter as doing the complete thing nearly
broke me last year! Its not the laying of blocks but the carting them
100yards and up 14' of steps that gets you. As you can see its early days
for the plants but results have been very encouraging
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 13-12-2008, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ...
Last year in October I posted about a wall project we were starting up in
our fruit cage and someone asked (MikeCT I think) for some before and
after pictures so if anyone is interested here they are at
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/projects.htm
Busy with more walls at the moment but elsewhere, hope to return
and tackle stage two in the fruitcage next winter although I may try and
get the foundations done this winter as doing the complete thing nearly
broke me last year! Its not the laying of blocks but the carting them
100yards and up 14' of steps that gets you. As you can see its early days
for the plants but results have been very encouraging

What Waterlilys do you intend to grow?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-12-2008, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ...
Last year in October I posted about a wall project we were starting up in
our fruit cage and someone asked (MikeCT I think) for some before and
after pictures so if anyone is interested here they are at
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/projects.htm
Busy with more walls at the moment but elsewhere, hope to return
and tackle stage two in the fruitcage next winter although I may try and
get the foundations done this winter as doing the complete thing nearly
broke me last year! Its not the laying of blocks but the carting them
100yards and up 14' of steps that gets you. As you can see its early days
for the plants but results have been very encouraging

What Waterlilys do you intend to grow?

The pond is a year older now Bob and has colonel Welch - yellow,
grandiflora - white, and marliacea rosea - pale pink. but I may put
another in as due to water depth they are not doing as well as in our old
pond, (they are all normally big growers), or I may raise them up on
gravel bags. Despite a dull summer the pond failed to clear so there is
still some way to go plant wise