Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snowdrop varieties

Have we any snowdrop experts here?
Mine are not showing even the tips of leaves, but a few hundred yards
away is a garden with a lot well out in flower. Such a joy to see.
They have wider leaves than the norm, and are always out early.
Any idea what variety they may be?

Pam in Bristol
Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pam Moore wrote:
Have we any snowdrop experts here?
Mine are not showing even the tips of leaves, but a few hundred
yards away is a garden with a lot well out in flower. Such a joy to
see. They have wider leaves than the norm, and are always out early.
Any idea what variety they may be?

Pam in Bristol

There's an interesting article on Snowdrops in this month's Scottish Field
(January) if you can get hold of a copy.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Have we any snowdrop experts here?
Mine are not showing even the tips of leaves, but a few hundred yards
away is a garden with a lot well out in flower. Such a joy to see.
They have wider leaves than the norm, and are always out early.
Any idea what variety they may be?

Pam in Bristol

They might be Galanthus elwesii, Pam. Alas, mine aren't out at the moment,
so your Bristol neighbour has the advantage.

Spider

Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 21:14:30 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

Have we any snowdrop experts here?
Mine are not showing even the tips of leaves, but a few hundred yards
away is a garden with a lot well out in flower. Such a joy to see.
They have wider leaves than the norm, and are always out early.
Any idea what variety they may be?

No idea - but I walk my dogs up a little country lane each day and there is
a little bunch of snowdrops at the side of the lane that appear at the
beginning of december. I don't think they can be *normal* snowdrops. I have
photos of them if required.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Potato "snowdrop" Ted Richardson United Kingdom 0 07-01-2005 12:14 AM
Flowering snowdrop Aphodius United Kingdom 3 17-10-2003 10:32 AM
Snowdrop planting Jack United Kingdom 22 24-03-2003 04:56 PM
Leucojum vernum, was Snowdrop planting Rodger Whitlock United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 04:20 PM
Potato-"Snowdrop" Karl Grave United Kingdom 0 22-12-2002 12:14 AM