Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-01-2009, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My Rowan Tree ( Mountain Ash)

I've a feeling there's something wrong with my Rowan tree. Normally by now
the berries have gone, either eaten by the birds or fallen over-ripe to the
ground.

I saw a bird or two eating them earlier in the winter but since then,
nothing.

What worries me is that the berries are still not ripe, a sort of orange
colour, not even one of them red as they always have been till this winter.

Now I need help. Is this the beginning of the end for my tree? It's about 28
years
old, I don't know how long they live, but if it's going to give up the ghost
I'd rather have it cut down before it falls down! Just my luck if someone
was walking along the pavement as it toppled!

Can anybody help me, please?
--
Pam

Sorbus- Mountain Ash 'stump' Merlin United Kingdom 5 25-05-2006 04:52 PM
[IBC] Defoliating rowan/mountain ash Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 25-05-2005 09:46 PM
Mountain Ash Question Monroe Gardening 4 13-07-2004 03:02 PM
Transplanting Mountain Ash pgiblin United Kingdom 4 26-03-2004 05:58 PM
Good tree for smallish garden - scots pine/mountain ash/aspen Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 1 01-11-2002 03:18 PM