Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Charge for compost bin

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:20:50 -0000, "Kathy" wrote:

"chris French" wrote in message
. uk...
In message , Jennifer Sparkes
writes
The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

In article ,
(mogga) wrote:

Snip of posts on councils charging for compost bins.

Seems somewhat of a cheek to expect people to buy the bin and/or be
charged annually for this sort of thing, given that the LA would
(presumably) rather people did this so as not to have to landfill it.

Our garden waste is also collected here, in the same wheelie bin that
takes kitchen food waste, but they don't have the cheek to charge for it
(not that we really use the facility, except for getting rid of say
things
like brambles or weeds I don't want to compost)

We have the same service here. Free, and they give you the bin. You can
purchase a second bin if you need it, and I think they may make a yearly
charge for emptying that. I now have three bins in my garden - grey for
general rubbish, blue for recycling and brown for compostable waste. All
free.

When we reported a bin missing, a new one was delivered free the next day.
The
missing one found it's own way home.
We have
2 grey
1 green
1 red for chemical waste

Chmical? What comes under that heading?

Glass is disposed of elsewhere.

Same here.

Heavy rubbish is collected on request.

Same here, with a £10 charge.

Paper is collected once a week by a local sports club who have been paid
to do
it by the local authority ever since there has been a world used paper
surplus.

Goes in the recycling if whole, in the compost if shredded.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin[_2_] View Post
Check the date. Half the day is bound to be right - the last three letters that is. Bigal
Old 05-02-2009, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(mogga) wrote:

Snip of posts on councils charging for compost bins.

Seems somewhat of a cheek to expect people to buy the bin and/or be
charged annually for this sort of thing, given that the LA would
(presumably) rather people did this so as not to have to landfill it.

Our garden waste is also collected here, in the same wheelie bin that
takes kitchen food waste, but they don't have the cheek to charge for it
(not that we really use the facility, except for getting rid of say
things like brambles or weeds I don't want to compost)

We have the same service here. Free, and they give you the bin. You can
purchase a second bin if you need it, and I think they may make a yearly
charge for emptying that. I now have three bins in my garden - grey for
general rubbish, blue for recycling and brown for compostable waste. All
free.

Red bag for paper and cardboard, green bag for tins and plastic, a box for
glass and a black bin for "nothing you can do with this"
We are expected do our own composting. That's OK for me as I have a large
garden and a compost heap but how those who live in apartments manage this I
don't know.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 5, 11:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:34:14 -0000, "Christina Websell"

(mogga) wrote:

[...]

We were given a compost bin each.
--

Martin

Here in France we don't get them free Martin, can you send me one of
yours? :-)

Judith
Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 6, 4:22*pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:51:52 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

(mogga) wrote:

[...]

You are 391st on the list.
--

Martin

You can put me straight to the top of the list, it was my birthday
yesterday, 21 again, and you forgot!!!

Judith

Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 6, 11:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:43:04 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

(mogga) wrote:

[...]

If I was 21, I would have remembered. Happy Birthday!
--

Martin

Thanks Martin. Just to keep on a gardening topic, when I was in the
UK I went into B&Q to buy some paint and saw individual bedding
plantlets, just one plug at 75p I couldn't believe it!!!!

Judith
Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 6, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 6/2/09 22:43, in article
, "Judith in

France" wrote:
On Feb 6, 4:22*pm, Martin wrote:

snip

We were given a compost bin each.
--

Martin

Here in France we don't get them free Martin, can you send me one of
yours? *:-)

You are 391st on the list.
--

Martin

You can put me straight to the top of the list, it was my birthday
yesterday, 21 again, and you forgot!!!

Judith

Judith! *You and my son - I had no idea. *Happy yesterday and many, many
tomorrows.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Thank you, I knew that your son and I shared a birthday, remember you
told me about 13 years ago!!!!!

Judith

Compost and the Compost Bin ..... 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 0 18-04-2011 07:47 AM
charge at 12v low current. RB Lawns 2 18-11-2006 08:15 PM
Convert a wheelie bin to a compost bin help! miljee United Kingdom 16 28-10-2006 01:58 PM
what do landscaping companies charge? ant United Kingdom 7 20-09-2004 06:39 PM
Feds Charge Dr. Axelrod as White Collar Criminal GET NJ Ponds 0 24-04-2004 12:04 AM