Old 31-01-2009, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT OT OT

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/all the tea in
China/

It's a very old saying - or perhaps it's just in my family!

It's a very old saying.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 31-01-2009, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/1/09 20:48, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/all the tea in
China/

It's a very old saying - or perhaps it's just in my family!

It's a very old saying.

Good to know we have company. ;-) I'll stick to the Twining's English
Breakfast myself!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-02-2009, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 11:04, Sacha wrote:
On 1/2/09 00:15, in article ,

wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/all the tea in
China/

It's a very old saying - or perhaps it's just in my family!

It's a very old saying.

Good to know we have company. *;-) * I'll stick to the Twining's English
Breakfast myself!

I have over 20 varieties of tea - proper leaf tea, not hay-cushions.

Fusspot. *;-) *I've never been able to go in for the scented teas at all and
am just plain old builder's tea, for preference. *Have you - bringing us
back to some form of on-topic - tried the 'new' tea grown down in Cornwall?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online- Hide quoted text -

I don't drink tea, just freshly brewed coffee. Instant coffee gives
me a tummy upset.

Judith

Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/2/09 13:09, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 04:56:38 -0800 (PST), Judith in France
wrote:

On 1 Feb, 11:04, Sacha wrote:
On 1/2/09 00:15, in article ,

wrote:
[...]

but strong black tea with plenty of tannin in it is known to fix upset
stomachs,
try it.

So's port & brandy mixed - I know which I'd go for and it wouldn't be in a
cup. ;-)

Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Sacha wrote:
On 1/2/09 11:19, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

or "tee dansant" at Fawlty Towers?

Sigh....wrong County, Martin!

Well, you have to have to admit his geography is a bit fawlty ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/2/09 14:45, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip but strong black tea with plenty of tannin in it is known to fix
upset
stomachs,
try it.

So's port & brandy mixed - I know which I'd go for and it wouldn't be in a
cup. ;-)

Straight out the bottles? That's our girl!

Well, I might use a straw. ;-)

Old 01-02-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/2/09 15:17, in article ,
" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:
On 1/2/09 11:19, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

or "tee dansant" at Fawlty Towers?

Sigh....wrong County, Martin!

Well, you have to have to admit his geography is a bit fawlty ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Doesn't know his que from his quay.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:
In article ,
says...
Fusspot. ;-) I've never been able to go in for the scented teas at
all and
am just plain old builder's tea, for preference. Have you - bringing us
back to some form of on-topic - tried the 'new' tea grown down in
Cornwall?

I doubt he could afford it!! they get an incredable price for it. I
couldn't enjoy dring it at that price no matter how good it was :~)

Once, with two hours to kill at Victoria Bus Station in the early 1980s
I was window-shopping, and happened upon a tea merchant.

Wanting some Lapsang, I went in and admired the stock. Also wanting some
Darjeeling to make up a batch of my own special blend (Watch it! I feel
a story coming on!) I asked the proprietor what he had in the way of a
really strongly-flavoured Lapsang, and a good Darjeeling.

He showed me his best Darjeeling. Now remember, this was the early '80s...

£14.20 for 125 grammes.

My ghast was totally flabbered. "Who on earth buys tea at *THAT* price?"
I asked.

I was assured that plenty of people did ("Poseurs!" I thought.) and,
which would I rather, a cup of good tea or a glass of Coke?

I replied that that was easily answered, as I abhorred Coke with a
vengeance, and wouldn't touch the stuff with *HIS* bargepole, but would
rather drink water.

"Well," he said, "a cup of that tea is still cheaper than a glass of Coke."

"But a bit dearer than water." I countered.

Anyone interested in good tea look at
http://www.norwichlanes.co.uk/Wilkin...f_Norwich.html - I have been
known to go in there and come out thirty and a bit pounds lighter - in
the wallet...

However, considerably heavier in the rucksack.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Where did you get it, Jennifer? I *think* I read it was going to be sold at
Fortnum & Mason? It must have taken a good few years of patience before
they got to the stage of their first harvest.

I have an idea it's to be had at Herod's...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig