Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of marketing information

As I mentioned before, the little bit of dampness experienced on
Monday night has left the meadows at the bottom of my garden flooded,
this has had the effect of driving more livestock than usual off the
fields onto my lawn. This morning when I drew the blinds there was not
only the frequent visitor a large cock pheasant but two of his
ladyloves as well. I was surprised to see the hens but even more
surprised at the size of them (like two over inflated footballs) My
little ginger cat appeared to be let in - he greatly enjoys cock
pheasants and chases them round the garden patting at their long
tails. This morning he did not seem interested. My wife arrived and we
were looking at the trio of birds when she realised that the cat was
helping himself to her breakfast. So any time now you can expect to
see a new advertising campaign: "Eight out of ten cats prefer Weetabix
to pheasant!"
Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/2/09 11:28, in article
,
"moghouse" wrote:

[...]

What a lovely story! We used to get pheasants here and a couple of the cock
pheasants had a ferocious fight one day - very scary. However, I think our
JRs frightened them off. But one used to bring his harem with him and one
morning 5 of them were sitting on one of the tea tables, looking just like
ladies in feathered hats, waiting to be served a cream tea! If you listen
while the cock is feeding, he's making a curious little noise the whole time
and I think he must be calling the hens to feed, too. They're more timid
and would slowly and cautiously emerge from the shrubs, working up the
courage to join him. They're made about sultanas, btw, if the cat's left
any. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 03:28:06 -0800 (PST), moghouse
wrote:

[...]

Fun! I've just discovered one of my cats likes popadoms.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk