Old 13-04-2009, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default holding numbers and glysophate

The message
from robert contains these words:

A holding number is the county/parish/holding number (CPH) given to all
agricultural holdings registered with Defra or one of its agencies.

They are based on nine digits, county x2/parish x3/holding x4, eg
10/301/1111

Whilst they are not as important for involvement is subsidy schemes as
they used to be they are still useful as a tool for identifying the
location of farming businesses.

If you have a smallholding or land that could be classed as part of the
farmed environment you can apply for a CPH.

Many thanks. Interesting wording "classed as part of the farmed
environment"; would that mean it doesn't necessarily have to be a
commercial enterprise?

brian mitchell
Old 13-04-2009, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:16:10 +0100, brian mitchell
wrote:

. . . The 5 litre costs
£50, the 1 litre £30.

Is the concentration the same?

Yes, hence my desire to buy the larger quantity, aside from the fact
that I will use that much over two or three years.
Old 13-04-2009, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:

If you really need those sort of quantities...

I do. I have 1-1/2 acres of fairly densely planted trees growing on what
was formerly long-established pasture. Although Martin says grass is
exquisitely susceptible to glyphosate, that's not my experience. May
well be true for lawn grasses, but on old pasture it will kill off the
top growth but doesn't seem to get all the way through the root system,
so it grows back.

brian mitchell

then get registered
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 14-04-2009, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , brian mitchell
writes
The message
from robert contains these words:

A holding number is the county/parish/holding number (CPH) given to all
agricultural holdings registered with Defra or one of its agencies.

They are based on nine digits, county x2/parish x3/holding x4, eg
10/301/1111

Whilst they are not as important for involvement is subsidy schemes as
they used to be they are still useful as a tool for identifying the
location of farming businesses.

If you have a smallholding or land that could be classed as part of the
farmed environment you can apply for a CPH.

Many thanks. Interesting wording "classed as part of the farmed
environment"; would that mean it doesn't necessarily have to be a
commercial enterprise?

Land that is part of the farmed environment but not actually used for
commercial activities can be eligible for a CPH as the land may be
eligible for entry into environmental management schemes run by Natural
England or the Forestry commission. You may want to contact the RPA
(0845 603 7777) as they deal with CPH allocation on behalf of Defra.

--
Robert

Glysophate Donald R Smith Australia 4 26-11-2010 11:32 PM
Glysophate question Kathy United Kingdom 6 02-05-2009 11:50 PM
eBay's phone numbers and address EBAY phone number 1-408-558-7400 Gardening 0 22-08-2003 04:22 PM
too late to use glysophate? ken cohen United Kingdom 3 20-06-2003 01:56 PM