Old 20-04-2009, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jasmine......

I have a massive jasmine problem. Two neighbours, one next door and one
behind, have planted this stuff and it os over running my garden. Today,
I have had to hack back three mature shrubs to get to it. It is also
rooting in my garden.
Is there any way of killing off the stuff which has come into my gardenm
without affecting the main plants?

TIA

John
Old 20-04-2009, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"John Moppett" wrote in message
I have a massive jasmine problem. Two neighbours, one next door and one
behind, have planted this stuff and it os over running my garden. Today, I
have had to hack back three mature shrubs to get to it. It is also rooting
in my garden.
Is there any way of killing off the stuff which has come into my gardenm
without affecting the main plants?

TIA

John

Yes. It's called pruning. The bits that remain in your garden will be very
dead. Spray the rooted remains with glyphosate, and they will follow.

Unfortunately, if your garden happens to be the sunny side of the fence,
this plant will always encroach onto your garden because it will naturally
grow towards the sun. Is there any chance of you growing towards your
neighbours and talking about the problem? They may feel they've lost
control of the plant and may be glad to discuss a two-pronged attack. If
nothing else, they will understand the effect it is having on your garden.
They may not be being bloody-minded or thoughtless; they may genuinely not
know what's happening next door.

Spider

Jasmine Mick United Kingdom 0 24-04-2003 07:08 AM
Is it ok to put an ACER in the same container as jasmine? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 19-04-2003 09:56 PM
Pruning Jasmine Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 12-04-2003 06:56 PM
Carolina Jasmine Alan Romanchuck Gardening 1 03-03-2003 02:51 PM
transplanting night blooming jasmine Zemedelec Gardening 4 28-02-2003 06:03 PM