Old 27-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Wales UK
Default So what do you do?

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?
__________________
Regards

Peter

Have a look at Milly's Garden Toolbar
Old 27-04-2009, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , PeterGreenMan
writes

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

I study mine carefully from the window, and maybe put the central
heating on.
I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about Wales.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 27-04-2009, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

PeterGreenMan writes

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

Sit in the greenhouse with a cup of coffee and the radio and plant seeds

--
Kay
Old 27-04-2009, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 27, 9:25*am, PeterGreenMan PeterGreenMan.
wrote:
OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

Get out the harpoon and see if you can spot Moby Jones!
Old 27-04-2009, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yesterday I was out, gardening, in the rain and cold and in Wales - in a
hat, killing slugs, feeding strawberries and pulling up couch grass.

--
Mark Hamer
www.another-way.co.uk

I don't want to arrive at my grave in an attractive and well preserved body,
hopefully I will be skidding in
sideways, Gin and Tonic in one hand -- Cigar in the other screaming YAHAAAY!

Old 27-04-2009, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"PeterGreenMan" wrote in message

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

you jump in your motor car and visit the sunny Forest of Dean. Yeah well
it`s wet and windy but it is sunny at the moment :-)

kate

Old 27-04-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from PeterGreenMan contains
these words:

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

It isn't. It's raining, not cold, and Norfolk.

HTH

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Gordon H contains these words:
In message , PeterGreenMan
writes

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

I study mine carefully from the window, and maybe put the central
heating on.
I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about Wales.

Are you related to Ann Robinson?

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from moghouse contains these words:
wrote:

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

Get out the harpoon and see if you can spot Moby Jones!

ITYM "Get out the harpoon and see if you can pot Moby Jones!"

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from Gordon H contains these words:
In message , PeterGreenMan
writes

OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

I study mine carefully from the window, and maybe put the central
heating on.
I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about Wales.

Are you related to Ann Robinson?

No, but she's been winking at me since she was fronting "What The Papers
Say".
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 27-04-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"PeterGreenMan" wrote
OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

Looking under the staging in our greenhouse at the pots I put under there
last autumn (and haven't watered since) I noticed all my old Begonias were
just beginning to sprout so potted them into fresh compost for this year.
Whilst doing that job I also did the same for all my Archimenes (Hot Water
Plants), the little maggoty looking roots are difficult to see in the old
dry compost though but I don't think I've thrown any away by mistake.
Gave both lots a light watering.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 28-04-2009, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 27 Apr, 18:14, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"PeterGreenMan" *wrote OK! So what do you do in the garden when it's raining, cold and Wales?

Looking under the staging in our greenhouse at the pots I put under there
last autumn (and haven't watered since) I noticed all my old Begonias were
just beginning to sprout so potted them into fresh compost for this year.
Whilst doing that job I also did the same for all my Archimenes (Hot Water
Plants), the little maggoty looking roots are difficult to see in the old
dry compost though but I don't think I've thrown any away by mistake.
Gave both lots a light watering.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

Lets see.
If a bit of rain stops you going out into the garden to work then you
must be an incomer, no true Welshman is detered by a git of rain, if
he were then there would be nothing grown in Wales.
Try looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
That will tell you if you have time for a second cup of tea before
going out to work.
Remember it always rains in Wales, that is why we have the Leek as our
symbol.
Lastly try diging out the paths in your veg garden and raising beds
for your veg to grow above the water, no fancy boards.
David Hill