Old 07-05-2009, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Polyanthus Q

Bedding plants polyanthus. finished flowering in a narrow border. I was
wondering if I could dig them up, put them in pots until next year Or
should they be left where they are.
I need the space for other plants.
--
Bill.
South/West Durham

Old 07-05-2009, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill P.
writes
Bedding plants polyanthus. finished flowering in a narrow border. I was
wondering if I could dig them up, put them in pots until next year

Yes.

Or
should they be left where they are.
I need the space for other plants.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 7 May, 09:09, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Bill P.
writes

Bedding plants polyanthus. finished flowering in a narrow border. I was
wondering if I could dig them up, put them in pots until next year

Yes.

Or
should they be left where they are.
I need the space for other plants.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In the old days in the parks, they would be dug up, divided and then
lined out in a shaded bed, out of sight of the public and left till
wanted for replanting in the Autumn.

David Hill
Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 7, 1:26*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

In the old days in the parks, they would be dug up, divided and then
lined out in a shaded bed, out of sight of the public and left till
wanted for replanting in the Autumn.

David Hill

Some of us ancient relics still do that!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill P.
writes
Bedding plants polyanthus. finished flowering in a narrow border. I was
wondering if I could dig them up, put them in pots until next year

Yes.

Or
should they be left where they are.
I need the space for other plants.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks Stewart.
--
Bill.
South/West Durham

Old 07-05-2009, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

In the old days in the parks, they would be dug up, divided and then
lined out in a shaded bed, out of sight of the public and left till
wanted for replanting in the Autumn.

David Hill

Thank you David
--
Bill.
South/West Durham

Old 07-05-2009, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"moghouse" wrote in message
On May 7, 1:26 pm, Dave Hill wrote:

In the old days in the parks, they would be dug up, divided and then
lined out in a shaded bed, out of sight of the public and left till
wanted for replanting in the Autumn.

David Hill

Some of us ancient relics still do that!

Thanks moghouse :-)
--
Bill.
South/West Durham