Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered User

Default help needed its a puzzle

hello all,
newbie here just moved house and have a small garden so my wife and i have started with some pots scattered about....

well we have a couple of fuschia`s in a large ish pot and everythings good, untill yesterday morning, i went outside only to see the fushchia pot surrounded by soil, hmm very strange indeed, the whole pot was circled and for all intent it looked like someone had stuck two fingers in the pot and ran there hand around the edge!!
i didnt have a clue what could have caused this, its all very odd, i took some photos ( maybe a new alien crop circle thing :-)) and tidied up..the plants seemed untouched btw..

and so this morning i went outside and its happend again...blimey this is odd, so ive been on the net, found this site and deceided to ask your collective wisdom.

sorry to ramble on my first post, thanks in advance for any help

al
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"desperate al" wrote in message

hello all,
newbie here just moved house and have a small garden so my wife and i
have started with some pots scattered about....

well we have a couple of fuschia`s in a large ish pot and everythings
good, untill yesterday morning, i went outside only to see the fushchia
pot surrounded by soil, hmm very strange indeed, the whole pot was
circled and for all intent it looked like someone had stuck two fingers
in the pot and ran there hand around the edge!!
i didnt have a clue what could have caused this, its all very odd, i
took some photos ( maybe a new alien crop circle thing :-)) and tidied
up..the plants seemed untouched btw..

Welcome to the group. Do you have a dog? Mine used to eat the compost all
around the edge of pots, at the same time leaving a mess on the ground.

Mike

Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"desperate al" wrote
newbie here just moved house and have a small garden so my wife and i
have started with some pots scattered about....

well we have a couple of fuschia`s in a large ish pot and everythings
good, untill yesterday morning, i went outside only to see the fushchia
pot surrounded by soil, hmm very strange indeed, the whole pot was
circled and for all intent it looked like someone had stuck two fingers
in the pot and ran there hand around the edge!!
i didnt have a clue what could have caused this, its all very odd, i
took some photos ( maybe a new alien crop circle thing :-)) and tidied
up..the plants seemed untouched btw..

and so this morning i went outside and its happend again...blimey this
is odd, so ive been on the net, found this site and deceided to ask
your collective wisdom.

sorry to ramble on my first post, thanks in advance for any help

Blackbirds looking for food.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al[_4_] View Post
well we have a couple of fuschia`s in a large ish pot and everythings
good, untill yesterday morning, i went outside only to see the fushchia
pot surrounded by soil, hmm very strange indeed, the whole pot was
circled and for all intent it looked like someone had stuck two fingers
in the pot and ran there hand around the edge!!

Squirrels.

Al.

hmm no dog, and no sign of squirrels in the area, i`m gonna see what happens tommorow morning , ive moved the pot and will wait and see

Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Al
writes
well we have a couple of fuschia`s in a large ish pot and everythings
good, untill yesterday morning, i went outside only to see the fushchia
pot surrounded by soil, hmm very strange indeed, the whole pot was
circled and for all intent it looked like someone had stuck two fingers
in the pot and ran there hand around the edge!!

Squirrels.

Al.

Looking for bulbs.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
"desperate al" wrote
[...]

Yep, or just as likely nesting material if there is a lot of plant "thatch"
in the soil around the edge. Blackbirds have their good points (such as
their song), but they are untidy little buggers!

--
Jeff

Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Blackbirds looking for food.

If the soil is wet, blackbirds will take it for nest building. They destroy
our bog garden at nest building time. However, it's probably a little late
for that now - Our blackbirds have all finished building.

Al.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered User

well i moved the pot 2 feet away from where it was, and its not been touched since!! very wierd but hey ho never mind, thanks for all your answers peeps

al

Monkey Puzzle Tree advice needed tom@claire United Kingdom 21 01-05-2004 02:08 AM
BEECHES crossword puzzle JK Gardening 2 06-03-2003 01:51 PM
help solve a puzzle |-|erc Ponds 3 05-03-2003 08:54 PM
Monkey puzzle tree sw United Kingdom 7 26-02-2003 07:09 PM
Telegraph : Odd ball letter starts maths puzzle mania Tarzan United Kingdom 3 09-02-2003 09:19 AM