Old 31-05-2009, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Concrete advice sought please

My husband used half a bag of concrete - cement, gravel and sand and
left the other half out, where it got wet. I now have a
half-a-plastic-bag-shaped lump of concrete. Does anyone know how I can
get moss or a similar stuff to grow on it, please? Or how I can age it
to make it look a bit more presentable. If it were green, it would be
quite attractive surrounded by plants but as it is at present, it is an
eyesore. Many thanks in advance.
--
June Hughes
Old 31-05-2009, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote
My husband used half a bag of concrete - cement, gravel and sand and left
the other half out, where it got wet. I now have a
half-a-plastic-bag-shaped lump of concrete. Does anyone know how I can
get moss or a similar stuff to grow on it, please? Or how I can age it to
make it look a bit more presentable. If it were green, it would be quite
attractive surrounded by plants but as it is at present, it is an eyesore.
Many thanks in advance.

Spray it with dilute live natural yoghurt a few times.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 31-05-2009, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:35:44 +0100, June Hughes

wrote:

My husband used half a bag of concrete - cement, gravel and sand and
left the other half out, where it got wet. I now have a
half-a-plastic-bag-shaped lump of concrete. Does anyone know how I can
get moss or a similar stuff to grow on it, please? Or how I can age it
to make it look a bit more presentable. If it were green, it would be
quite attractive surrounded by plants but as it is at present, it is an
eyesore. Many thanks in advance.

I think you mix some cow muck with water in a bucket and paint it on.

Ah! There is a farm a couple of miles from here. Thanks, Martin.
--
June Hughes
Old 31-05-2009, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"June Hughes" wrote
My husband used half a bag of concrete - cement, gravel and sand and left
the other half out, where it got wet. I now have a
half-a-plastic-bag-shaped lump of concrete. Does anyone know how I can
get moss or a similar stuff to grow on it, please? Or how I can age it to
make it look a bit more presentable. If it were green, it would be quite
attractive surrounded by plants but as it is at present, it is an eyesore.
Many thanks in advance.

Spray it with dilute live natural yoghurt a few times.

Thanks Bob. What with Martin's cow-muck and your yoghurt, it looks as
though it will be OK. I shall let you know how it goes.
--
June Hughes