Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Too many strawberries

I'm getting sick of the sight of strawberries. As much as I like them,
strawberries for dessert every day is too much. Time to make some
strawberry jam.

Even our black Labrador has started turning them down - and he eats
anything!

At least the asparagus season is finished - they made a change from the
endless supply of Spring cabbage. Looks like there will be a glut of
garden peas shortly - the first pods are forming. Then there will be a
deluge of runner beans. Our freezers usually end up full by the end of
July. Shouldn't complain though, I do like harvesting the fresh veg from
my garden. The new potatoes are nice too with a sprig of mint and
broccoli with a side portion of fried courgettes.

Ah the joys of veg gardening. :-)
--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.