GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dear Gardeners (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184444-dear-gardeners.html)

Fuschia[_3_] 04-06-2009 07:03 PM

Dear Gardeners

I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

'Mike'[_4_] 04-06-2009 07:19 PM

Dear Gardeners

--
..
"Fuschia" wrote in message
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

You don't keep up do you?

Cheerio

Mike

Sacha[_4_] 04-06-2009 07:48 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-04 19:03:54 +0100, Fuschia said:

I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

I'm really sorry to read this and hope that when a little time has
passed, you'll reconsider. I've been a target of Mike's for years -
this whole nonsense has started because he has taken umbrage at my
husband's business starting mail order without consulting Crowe, it
seems. Joke! ;-) But really, please don't let someone so impotent
spoil a newsgroup for you. He's not even a member of the group, just a
persistent troll. If you'd like to email me, please feel free to do so
through the Nursery site. If I'm not the one to receive it firsthand,
it will be passed on to my private account. But really, someone as
patently ridiculous as Crowe should not (IMO) send anyone off a
newsgroup.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

'Mike'[_4_] 04-06-2009 07:57 PM

Dear Gardeners

He's not even a member of the group, --
Sacha

Wrong word there. For 'Group' read, "clique"

Kindest regards

Mike

moghouse 04-06-2009 08:23 PM

Dear Gardeners

On Jun 4, 7:57*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Kindest regards"

Mike

What a hypocrite you are, you sad old troll!

Ophelia[_4_] 04-06-2009 09:15 PM

Dear Gardeners

Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Please don't leave Fuschia. You were very kind when I first arrived and I
would hate to see someone like you leave.
The odious Mike has done the same in other groups and only left when he was
totally ignored.

I am sure we can do it here. He is a nasty piece of work and not worth
changing your life.

Please reconsider.

Ophelia

beccabunga 04-06-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia[_4_] (Post 849191)
Fuschia wrote:
[...]

Trolls have inbuilt deafness and skins like toughened leather. Ignore them - they are sad and friendless souls sighing through cyberspace looking for reactions.

Angela[_3_] 04-06-2009 09:58 PM

Dear Gardeners

"Ophelia" wrote in message
| Fuschia wrote:

| Please don't leave Fuschia. You were very kind when I first arrived and I
| would hate to see someone like you leave.
| The odious Mike has done the same in other groups and only left when he
was
| totally ignored.
|
| I am sure we can do it here. He is a nasty piece of work and not worth
| changing your life.
|
| Please reconsider.
|
| Ophelia

That's the important thing, don't feed the troll then he'll get bored and go
elsewhere. Even better killfile him then you don't even see his posts.

Judith in France 04-06-2009 11:11 PM

Dear Gardeners

On Jun 4, 7:03*pm, Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever. *

Hey you, email me, don't you dare leave, we need your expertise.

Judith

Bob Hobden 04-06-2009 11:24 PM

Dear Gardeners

"Fuschia" wrote ...
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Dear lady, if I walked away from every silly little shit I met I'd be
walking backwards all my life.
Just laugh at Mike the village idiot, as most of us do, and get on with the
gardening.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

hound 05-06-2009 12:23 AM

Dear Gardeners

I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful
postings here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to
sort through this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

Sheila 05-06-2009 01:23 AM

Dear Gardeners

"hound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful postings
here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to sort through
this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

If you just ignore any postings from "mike", who doesnt usually have
anything much to say about gardening in a gardening newsgroup, you will find
lots and lots of nice people, who are willing to share their expertise,
helpful tips, and we do veer off occasionally, to different subjects, but it
all adds to the friendliness of the group.

Tell us about your garden! and dont forget to tell us where you live, I'm in
Formby, Merseyside, I have a long narrow garden, sort of segmentet into
small area's, have lots of seating around, and am not a veg. grower, much to
my guilt, when I read about all the lovely food......but I just love
flowers, and especially scented ones, I have about 9 buddlia's, and lots of
bees and butterflies. In fact, we are considering keeping bees, any bee
keepers on the group?

Muddymike 05-06-2009 08:08 AM

Dear Gardeners

"hound" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful postings
here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to sort through
this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

Hello Hound, welcome to the group.
Before I joined a couple of years ago the guy that sent me here for good
garden advise added "but watch out, they bite back". He was right, you get
great gardening advise but those that start stupid arguments do get bitten.
I mostly sit back and read the threads that interest me, some of the stupid
stuff can be interesting and entertaining (in a morbid kind of way) but if
you find it offensive then that is what the delete key is for.

I remain glad that I joined, and my garden is looking all the better for it.

What's your name by the way.

Mike
(The Muddy one)

[email protected] 05-06-2009 08:26 AM

Dear Gardeners

In article ,
hound wrote:
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful
postings here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to
sort through this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

It's rare.

More seriously, it's almost entirely one person, and I wish that
other people would ignore his irrelevant posts. And, yes, I remember
when he posted relevant ones. Other people (including me) will get
ratty at intervals, but no more than you would expect in a random
conversation.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Spider[_2_] 05-06-2009 11:41 AM

Dear Gardeners

"Fuschia" wrote in message
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever.

Dear Fuchsia,

Please, please don't go on account of this arrogant length of irritation;
he's not worth it. I'm in no position to speak, I know, having crawled back
under my stone a couple of years ago, but it would be the most horrendous
shame if you left. You're one of the good guys. If you really want to
protect your computer and yourself, you'd be better advised to beef up your
pc security with an extra firewall or similar. These days, you really need
that protection anyway and it would be money well spent.

Please stay and continue to take part in this friendly group. It's the
idiots we need to leave, not genuine people like you. A certain invisible
person is merely a figment of your imagination. Most of what he says is a
figment of his imagination. Easy, then, to blot him out.

Do, please, stay.
Spider

Fuschia[_3_] 06-06-2009 09:53 AM

Dear Gardeners

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Ophelia[_4_] 06-06-2009 10:18 AM

Dear Gardeners

Fuschia wrote:
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Enjoy your holiday and come back soon:)

Sacha[_4_] 06-06-2009 11:08 AM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia said:

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Good to hear you're going to be back, refreshed and ready for all that
weeding. ;-)

Judith in France 06-06-2009 12:27 PM

Dear Gardeners

Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever. *

This is a good newsgroup, often we chat over the garden fence; about
everyday things as gardeners do, but primarily, we are a newsgroup
about gardening. I am here to learn; mainly, I have some small
expertise with vines. One thing none of us tolerate, is flaming; it
is a no no. We have had it in the past and anyone who tries it now is
totally ignored. So welcome and tell us about your garden.

Judith

Judith in France 06-06-2009 12:28 PM

Dear Gardeners

On Jun 6, 9:53*am, Fuschia wrote:
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

See you soon Fuschia.

Judith

Judith in France 06-06-2009 12:29 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia said:

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Good to hear you're going to be back, refreshed and ready for all that
weeding. *;-)
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Yes, I'm considering sending a ticket for my weeding to be done!
After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Judith

Judith

moghouse 06-06-2009 01:27 PM

Dear Gardeners

On Jun 6, 12:29*pm, Judith in France
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

Gary Woods 06-06-2009 01:44 PM

Dear Gardeners

Fuschia wrote:

If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.

There will always be people who take the bait. I tend to killfile them
too, at least temporarily. My reader has a setting to automatically expire
a killfile entry after xx days. I think of it as like Ice Hockey's penalty
box...

It's a beautiful day in the northeastern American colonies... time to put
up some more bean teepees and continue expanding the electrified deer
fence.

Gordon H[_3_] 06-06-2009 01:55 PM

Dear Gardeners

In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Ophelia[_4_] 06-06-2009 02:17 PM

Dear Gardeners

Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it:)

Gordon H[_3_] 06-06-2009 03:10 PM

Dear Gardeners

In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it:)

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Bobbie[_5_] 06-06-2009 03:14 PM

Dear Gardeners

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it:)

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.

If it's about your prostate Darlink be sure to mark it OT.

Saucy Bobbie.

--
http://www.smudgespatch.co.uk/newhome3.html

Ophelia[_4_] 06-06-2009 03:19 PM

Dear Gardeners

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother
of a storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't
it:)

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.

Ok:) Which thread shall you use?

graham 06-06-2009 03:24 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

_____________________________________

You're lucky! It's snowing here!!!!!!!!!!!
Graham

Sacha[_4_] 06-06-2009 03:46 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 12:29:06 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia sa

id:

[...]

No storm yet but persistent rain since quite early this morning. We've
been watching the Normandy memorial celebrations and I'm glad it's not
raining in that bit of France!

Sacha[_4_] 06-06-2009 03:47 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Have you considered moving??!! ;-)

graham 06-06-2009 04:21 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Many times! However, I have 2 adorable grandchildren here. I'd also have
to change my profession if I moved (I can't see the sense in retiring).
Graham

Judith in France 06-06-2009 04:25 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 12:29:06 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia sa

id:

[...]

We went to the civil marriage of our friend's son today and our other
friend married them; it was very sincere and touching. Then all back
to the parents house for a coupe of Champagne and hot nibbles. The
religious ceremony is in 2 weeks time in Burgunday, regrettably we
can't go as I will be in the UK. The weather was dire at the
beginning of the ceremony but as we came out of the Mairie; sun broke
through the clouds. Our friend's son is an officer in the French army
stationed in Chadd and his new wife (lovely girl) is a parachutist,
stationed in Afganistan. All the flowers for the reception came from
my garden.

Judith

Judith in France 06-06-2009 04:25 PM

Dear Gardeners

wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

Too late I have cut them down!

Judith

Judith in France 06-06-2009 04:26 PM

Dear Gardeners

On Jun 6, 3:24*pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Well Graham you will choose to live in Canada, come and live here, you
can still have snow!

Judith

graham 06-06-2009 05:00 PM

Dear Gardeners

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 3:24 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

_______________________________________

Arguably, the most sensible thing Freud said was that there is no bad
weather, only bad clothes!
Graham

Sacha[_4_] 06-06-2009 05:13 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Well, the grand children would swing it if nothing else. I would hate
it if ours were thousands of miles away. And as Ray is never going to
retire, I can sympathise with your pov! In fact, Ray says that when
he finally pops off, he wants to be chucked on the bonfire and then
scattered in the garden, 3 oz to the square yard and forked in lightly.
;-))

Sacha[_4_] 06-06-2009 05:15 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 16:25:24 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 6, 3:46*pm, Sacha wrote:
snip

[...]

I can't *wait* tell Ray there are now female paratroopers......... ;-)
Sounds a lovely day, though. When my brother in law married a French
girl they had the civil ceremony one day and the church wedding the
next and I never did discover which they considered had meant they were
actually married.

graham 06-06-2009 05:22 PM

Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Because of the distance, my sons had very little contact with their
grandparents and #1 told me (after his first was born) that he felt deprived
and therefore wanted me to be a major part of his children's lives.
When I made my will, I stipulated the cheapest funeral possible and told my
lawyer that a sack would do! She was amused but didn't think it would be
possible!
Graham

Spider[_2_] 06-06-2009 05:44 PM

Dear Gardeners

"Fuschia" wrote in message
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Thank you, Fuchsia, for staying on. That's good news. Have a really good
holiday and come back fighting fit.

You're right about encouraging 'Mike'. I even acknowledged him a few days
ago, simply because he was helpful and polite. I suppose I hoped that if I
responded only when he behaved, he might take the hint. I shall not do so
again. Hopefully, if everyone ignores him, or killfiles him, he will
disappear from sheer boredom.

Ta ra for now. Hope you have good weather.
Spider