Old 19-06-2009, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Handle required

In article ,
says...
"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
My 2 stroke Strimmer/hedgecutter/pole saw works well but it would be so
much
easier to use if it had a "D" shaped handle on the bar instead of the in
line grip. Its probably okay for shorter folk but being quite tall I
find it
uncomfortable to use. Does anyone know of a supplier as the firm I
bought
the machine from does not offer any accessories. Failing that does
anyone
have an old scrap strimmer that has a bolt on "D" type handle I could
have.
My old Allen strimmer had one I could have used but I dumped that before
bought the new one.

Mike

I know a lot of the strimmer firms do bike handles and they are available
as spare parts online, as are the D handles but if you go along to your
local fix it firm they normally have piles of stuff beyond repair that
you may be able to get a second hand handle from and at least that way
you can check it fits!

I have just returned from the local garden machinery place with a great big
roll of strimmer line and a loop handle salvaged from a scrap strimmer, all
for £5.
I am now a happy bunny having tested it out and found the machine is so much
more comfortable to use.

Now what can I strim next.

Mike

Nice one :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Handle required Muddymike United Kingdom 2 15-06-2009 04:46 PM
[IBC] Creatively Working with Bar Branches (Was [IBC] "Handle bar" branches???) Michael Persiano Bonsai 3 19-01-2004 05:12 AM
[IBC] "Handle bar" branches??? Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 12 16-01-2004 05:13 AM
azada handle PA United Kingdom 2 30-07-2003 10:12 AM
B&D Lawnmower handle/ power switch dead :-( xEcute United Kingdom 1 09-05-2003 07:44 PM