Old 19-06-2009, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hollyhocks!

and before anyone says "Same to you" ;-p

Why do mine change colour every year?

Last season, pink, season before purple, this year yellow.

I dug them up 3 years ago but up they come again. I gave up the fight and
let them grow where they want to. I like them............her indoors don't.

Old 19-06-2009, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"R" wrote...
and before anyone says "Same to you" ;-p

Why do mine change colour every year?

Last season, pink, season before purple, this year yellow.

I dug them up 3 years ago but up they come again. I gave up the fight and
let them grow where they want to. I like them............her indoors
don't.

Obviously coming up from seed and they won't come true from seed.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 24-06-2009, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"R" wrote...
and before anyone says "Same to you" ;-p

Why do mine change colour every year?

Last season, pink, season before purple, this year yellow.

I dug them up 3 years ago but up they come again. I gave up the fight and
let them grow where they want to. I like them............her indoors
don't.

Obviously coming up from seed and they won't come true from seed.

My thoughts entirely as they are not perennial plants.
Here's a story about hollyhocks. My elderly next door neighbour told me she
really liked them as they gave her happy memories of childhood, but didn't
have any. Later that year I saw some hollyhocks overhanging the path near
where I work so I stole a few seeds from them. I grew 5 or 6 in pots until
they were well established and when she and her husband were out of the
house I planted them in her garden. She didn't notice that day, so when I
saw her next day I said "you now have hollyhocks!"
She was so thrilled you would have thought I'd given her the world.
I can take or leave them myself.

Tina

Hollyhocks stuart noble United Kingdom 2 30-06-2003 06:56 PM
Hollyhocks Jeanne Stockdale United Kingdom 0 14-06-2003 10:32 AM
Hollyhocks geoff United Kingdom 10 23-05-2003 06:20 PM
Caterpillars on Hollyhocks Roy United Kingdom 10 23-04-2003 01:59 PM
Hollyhocks Leaves Look Like Lace Doilies! Fleemo Gardening 2 24-02-2003 08:29 PM