Old 29-06-2009, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default phosphorus supplement

I have used 15-15-15 fertlizer for my hydroponic tomatoes. The plants
rooted very well and also the foliage is very strong green. But it
does not seems like there a lot of flowers coming up. I beleive I
should put something that contains more Phosporous. (second ingredient
in fertilizer ).
Does anybody knows what is a good supplement of just the phosporus?

Old 29-06-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Greg" wrote in message
|I have used 15-15-15 fertlizer for my hydroponic tomatoes. The plants
| rooted very well and also the foliage is very strong green. But it
| does not seems like there a lot of flowers coming up. I beleive I
| should put something that contains more Phosporous. (second ingredient
| in fertilizer ).
| Does anybody knows what is a good supplement of just the phosporus?

Why not just use tomorite?

Old 29-06-2009, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Angela" wrote in message
om...

"Greg" wrote in message
|I have used 15-15-15 fertlizer for my hydroponic tomatoes. The plants
| rooted very well and also the foliage is very strong green. But it
| does not seems like there a lot of flowers coming up. I beleive I
| should put something that contains more Phosporous. (second ingredient
| in fertilizer ).
| Does anybody knows what is a good supplement of just the phosporus?

Why not just use tomorite?

..... or sulphate of potash (which is cheaper, if you've got big crops). It
is potash (potassium) that your plants need now. Phosphorous encourages
good roots and was appropriate when your plants were establishing root
growth.

Most fertilizers are sold as N-P-K, or
Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Potassium(Potash).
Nitrogen encourages stem and leaf growth;
Phosphorous encourages root growth;
Potassium (Potash) ripens the growth and encourages flowers and fruit.

When you buy your high potash feed (example: Tomerite), the K ingredient
should have a higher number than the N or P.

Do not over-feed. A family member very nearly lost a crop due to his
'generosity' :~).

Spider

Old 29-06-2009, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Angela writes

"Greg" wrote in message
|I have used 15-15-15 fertlizer for my hydroponic tomatoes. The plants
| rooted very well and also the foliage is very strong green. But it
| does not seems like there a lot of flowers coming up. I beleive I
| should put something that contains more Phosporous. (second ingredient
| in fertilizer ).
| Does anybody knows what is a good supplement of just the phosporus?

Why not just use tomorite?

That's high potassium not high phosphorous. But I'm curious as to why
the OP wants high phosphorous

--
Kay
Old 29-06-2009, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
K wrote:
Angela writes
"Greg" wrote in message

|I have used 15-15-15 fertlizer for my hydroponic tomatoes. The plants
| rooted very well and also the foliage is very strong green. But it
| does not seems like there a lot of flowers coming up. I beleive I
| should put something that contains more Phosporous. (second ingredient
| in fertilizer ).
| Does anybody knows what is a good supplement of just the phosporus?

Why not just use tomorite?

That's high potassium not high phosphorous. But I'm curious as to why
the OP wants high phosphorous

He wants to pick his tomatoes in the dark?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.